My ex doesn't want us be friends after everything thing we've been through. But he wants us to be civil. Could I ever get him back?

22

Most Helpful Guy

• Stop, take an hour or three and write down all the things he has an issue with in the relationship (that you heard), and how those things make you feel.
    That's fifty percent of the process.
    Step two is up to you, based on you feel after doing that. Still think getting back together is a good idea? Maybe you've had some insight on how to approach this. Or maybe you just want to give him the paper to read on his own time. Or maybe you come up with a list of issues to bring up with him, with ways you think they could be solved. Or, most powerful of all, you show you heard the things that he has problems with, and you take serious steps to change them, (assuming they are reasonable issues), and once you feel comfortable that you've taken the lesson to heart, you SHOWN him how you have changed and are listening.

Most Helpful Girl

• Civil is a start here, dear, and although he Says This, doesn't mean that they Can't or Won't end Up... Friends.
    Just because two people Breakup doesn't mean they can't or Don't Makeup and that it's Goodbye, my love forever.
    Give one another some space and a chance to cool down and keep things at a lull for now. Perhaps in time, things may go in another direction where you both can at least be More 'Civil' and talk things out with More in store.
    For now, don't wait around. Focus on you. You don't want him to think you are waiting around with a frown, and by going out with your friends, showing him you are fine, may get him thinking down this love line.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 1

• You want him back

But why, he doesn't want you?

• He hasn't said he doesn't want me back. He said you never know what might happen in the future. But I'm not going to wait for him

What Girls Said 1

• You might if you give him some time.