How are you supposed to move on from someone if he insists on being friends?

We broke up last week, but he still wants to remain in each other's lives and I'm just not sure about it. I don't know how we can go from being a couple to keeping it just friends. He still sends me sweet texts in the morning, calls me beautiful, sweetheart, and all these things and I'm just like that's not what friends do...

I'm not sure how to say this without offending him though.

Also, if I start dating someone else clearly this can't continue. Yet he talks about sitting down and all having a drink together if I'm dating someone, and he has to make sure he's good enough for me and all this stuff... And ummm 😟 I don't think that's gonna work for me...

12

Most Helpful Guy

• I think he's still in love with you. He probably thinks if he keeps sending you sweet messages and doing things for you, you might chance your mind one day. I understand that you don't want to be rude, but ignoring his messages or things that he does to you is a polite way to tell him to get out of your life.

What Guys Said 1

• There is a strict three week period of no contact after a break up.

• Wish someone told him about that rule 😥

What Girls Said 1

• just ignore him!