When is it ok to be friends with an ex?

Do you ever think it's good? Are you friends with any ex's?

32

Most Helpful Girl

• When you figure it out let me know lol. My ex is determined to stay friends with me despite our recent break up, and I don't know how that's supposed to work. It's hard to tell someone you don't want to stay friends, though.

• Who brokeup with who?

• I think it was kind of mutual. He moved far away and I didn't want to be in a long distance relationship (plus just didn't want to continue the relationship), and he didn't disagree with that...
      He still texts and calls me, and says all these non-friend things though. Like "good morning beautiful" no guy friend of mine does stuff like that. It's like he's still in the dating-me mode.

Most Helpful Guy

• Give me one reason stay friends with an ex (which I find impossible anyway).

• If you were very good friends with them before dating.

• Guys have no female friends. You either have a relationship with her or get friend zoned wishing you could get in her pants. And if you break up with her after a relationship there is a reason it happened. You let her go and move on with your own life.

What Girls Said 2

• When they are selling the Big Issue magazine outside the Mandarin Oriental where you are having lunch and you know they really need that £1 coin.

• Yup, if they are cool and don't cause any problems, just become friends with them.

What Guys Said 1

• I think it's only good if your both on good terms and have everything worked out.