When should I try and get him back?

Me and my boyfriend went out for 10 months. He just dumped me the other day. The thing is, sometimes you just KNOW that there is a second chance a long time from now. You KNOW when someone is special and you are to them.

When we broke up he said things here and there such as "Maybe time is what I need". He also said he loved me, just not how he used to. I begged him to tell me we will never be together again, and he said "I can't say that." He also said he really cares for me, and he was even crying. He meant it - every part of it.

My friend talked to him the day after and asked if he ever would give me a chance again. He told her "Probably. If she can honestly change some things without me wanting her to change who she is."

He dumped me becuase I don't see his family enough (he thinks I don't like him but really I am just nervous seeing them), he thinks I will never stop partying. I don't even party that much now. But then he also told her "Right now is not the time to know what will happen. I think she should move on." My friend asked him if he could live with that and he said "I I am trying to."

How long should I wait before trying to get him back? I know everything he said was serious. I know he he still loves me, just not the same. I know he cares so much for me and I know he is still sad about this. But he wants time and he wants me to move on and I think after time when we see each other again we will be that much closer. There is always hope.

12

Most Helpful Guy

• i feel...felt...the same way about my ex..."sometimes you just KNOW that there is a second chance a long time from now. You KNOW when someone is special and you are to them." so I understand how you feel...

i think you should let him go, but make it clear to him that if he wants to try again, you would be up for it...and then be nice and civil, and don't push the issue with him...if he wants to come to you, he will...just move on for now though, try to improve on yourself or pick up a new hobbie...hope this helps!

What Guys Said 1

• lets be honest here.

if he broke up with you then he really isn't thinking "Sometimes you just KNOW that there is a second chance a long time from now. You KNOW when someone is special and you are to them."

people say the same things he said to be nice.

move on.

he broke up with you.

stop dwelling on it.

What Girls Said 1

• I think he gave you a lame excuse for breaking up with you. There is something else going on with him. Regardless of his reason, he is telling you to move on and not wait for him because he wants to detach. If you detach, I mean completely...no texts, calls, begging, etc. and start dating other guys, he may come back. But, don't wait because you cannot count on it.