Dating an ex who cheated and doesn't want to delete girls from facebook. Am I in the right?

Met a guy online 2.5 years ago who lives in San Francisco and I live in Boston. He told me he loved me everyday for the past 2 years when we were together. We have not met yet but plan to in a few months but skyped. I found out he was cheating because I googled his e-mail and pictures and found him on a few websites including a hook up site. He says he hadn't slept with the 2 women he dated and he can't remember how many he talked to in total but he has been doing this for a whole year. He said that he still loves me and the reason he cheated was because he was hurt that I did not see him yet and he said he thought I had been a catfish because his friends suggested I was but after all the emotional stuff between us he says he now believes me and also because I proved to him that I was NOT a catfish (why is everyone so paranoid online?). Anyway now he wants to work on us but I don't trust him. I told him I feel like I need to get to know him all over again becaue he was not who I thought he was and I don't trust him in sharing anything deep anymore because at any moment I feel like he could turn around and backstab me. Anyway the reason I chose to work it out is because I feel I had a fault which was to not see him sooner or not prove to him sooner that I was who I was. He has hundreds of friends (most girls) on Facebook who he says are long time friends, coworkers, and excoworkers. He won't delete any girl and makes up all these excuses for not deleting anyone on his FB because he says that people will get angry at him if he does and he is being stubborn about it. That doesn't make sense to me. Should I keep pressuring him to delete people from his FB?

• Yes, he should. He cheated!
  • No he should not
Hmm why are the guys the ONLY ones who voted NO yet did not leave a comment saying why?

52

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like a weak guy, I am in the bay area and most dudes are childish with girls... but they are at least caring.

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally, i would delete him from my life. He doesn't respect you or care about you , because if he did he wouldn't need pressure from... he would take the initiative and do it himself..

A persons actions will tell you all you need to know. He may tell you everyday he loves you , but in reality you should characterise a person by their actions... not their words.

I would never give my heart to a guy online , who i had never met in person. I would hold onto my heart until i could hold him in my arms.

What Guys Said 1

• Move on. You shouldn't have tried a LDR in the first place. LDRs aren't worth the trouble. They mostly amount to being exclusive with nobody.

What Girls Said 4

• I'd honestly leave this relationship. You don't need something like this. This guy is all over the place

• Ummm
    This is a no brainer
    Break up with him

• ..."He has hundreds of friends (most girls) on Facebook who he says are long time friends, coworkers, and excoworkers. He won't delete any girl and makes up all these excuses for not deleting anyone on his FB because he says that people will get angry at him if he does and he is being stubborn about it."...

It definitely doesn't sound right. Why would anyone else care as to what he has on his page. It's completely personal, and private. Him not wanting to delete it, just means he either can't let go of the oast, or has some connection with them. So from his behavior, you have every right to believe that he is in the wrong, until he proves otherwise.

• yes he should!!