How to keep it together?

Recently was broken up with, boyfriend of a year couldn't handle the long distance bc the anxiety was eating away at him. He wanted to do it now before things got worse, not that they ever were, the relationship was amazing when we lived in the same state. He still wants a future with me so we kept in contact.
When we first broke up, I was calm about it. I took off my promise ring, my necklace, collected all of his sweaters and gifts, and promptly threw them out without so much as a glance. Last night, I lost it, I broke down and I wasn't expecting to. This morning, I cried on and off and I'm starting to throw up because I'm getting so depressed so quickly.
How do I deal with this? I don't know how to act, think, let alone socialize because I just feel so numb. I feel like someone stole a piece of me, ripped it to shreds, and burnt it to a crisp.
Please help?

Sidenote: I have therapy sessions every single Thursday, I just want to make it to there in one piece

01

What Guys Said 1

• I have recently gone through something similar. First off, I'm so sorry. All I can say is that it sucks, and it's gonna suck for a while. And it's gonna feel like things won't get better. But I promise they do. Just keep your head up. And talking about it and getting it out of your system can help. So if you ever need someone to talk to, you can always message me. I'm a good listener

• That's what I'm gonna talk about on Thursday with my therapist, but I can't make it through one day without throwing up or crying and I hate feeling this vulnerable...

• I know what you mean. I was devastated after losing my ex. It still hurts to think about. And I was throwing up too. It's a terrible feeling. I'm so so sorry you are going through this. Nobody deserves to feel that way

What Girls Said 0