Girls, My boyfriend thought we were too young to date and wants to wait a year before we start dating again? Should I wait a year or move on?

So I was hanging out with my friends and his friends and then he randomly comes up to me saying "hey I think we're too young to date. I think we should be friends and start dating again in a year." I told him okay while smiling and trying not to cry. And then he just went back to his friends having a good time. And then I just left cause it hurt me even more. Especially because that was my first relationship. I thought it wouldn't be so bad so I decided to not move right away. But the next day I saw him with his friends and what it looked like he was flirting with his female friends and like he moved on already. Like playing with their hair, hugging them from behind etc. but he never did that to me which hurt even more. And he payed less attention to me. What's worse is I still haven't had my first kiss. I don't know if he broke up because I'm extremely shy or he just wasn't ready. I didn't ask him. Should I wait a year or does he sound like a jerk?

6

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't wait for a year. He's not worth waiting. From sounds of it, he's a jerk. No one is too young to love. If he has left you now, then he must be sorry 'cause you got to move on. Girls shouldn't wait for jerks. And don't regret that he hadn't given you a hug, 'cause someone better deserves to hug you. Stop thinking about him and focus on yourself. You're young and in that span of one year, you could meet your new one. You are wonderful and don't deserve to be dumped like that. His reasons are sooooo dumb. :)

• The thing is that he approached me first and he seemed to really like me and no other guy would ever approach me because I was really shy. And we became friends and then a few months later he asked me out. And I was really happy. I can't believe he was just using me all this time. Now I don't think I can trust any guy who acts sweet and interested in me.

• Doesn't matter if it was your first relationship. you shouldn't spare a year for someone who leaves you like that like your an option and you can be taken and left like that easy. And yes, I'm sure not all guys are like that, though most are. Move on! :)

• I almost forgot to ask but if guys like shy girls then why do guys never approach me?

What Girls Said 5

• Don't wait for him. He sounds really immature.
    Just leave it and move on, I don't see that ending well if a relationship did blossom. Why wait for someone like that when you could date someone else who sweeps you off your feet?

• Someone sweeping me off my feet? Yeah that won't happen. Nobody likes girls who are shy 😒

• I was shy, shy as you can get, I used to dread answering my name for registration and go red faced at the slightest bit of attention but then one day I was just over it and stopped caring so much about what people thought. Trust me the shyness will more than likely fade over time and even if it doesn't there is nothing wrong or unattractive about being shy, the right person will come along sooner or later ☺

• I believe he was using that as an excuse to break up with you, he's makinf no effort on trying to be your friend and to get to know you. One thing you should learn at a young age is never ever wait on a guy. If he can't see how truly amazing you are than thats his problem. The older you get the worse the reasons are if you continue to wait on guys. Learn to take control and me in charge. dont let a guy run all over you.

• But the thing is last year he approached me and tried to get to know me even tho I was really shy. He seemed interested in me and like he wanted to know me better so we became friends. He was really sweet and a good friend. And then he asked me out. Now I'm not sure if i can trust guys who try to be nice to me. Maybe I'll just push them away.

• I'm 16 but I am not interested in dating anyone else at the moment. How am I supposed to see his intentions when he seemed so sweet and friendly? He seemed like he really liked me.

• That swhy your going to have to figure out on your own.. not everyone seem to be who they say they are.

• Wait a year.

• How old are you?

Odds are he's right.

• It sounds like he just said that to break up. Because clearly he doesn't think he's too young to flirt around with other girls. move on