Guys, Would you ever get back together with someone you genuinely cared about, after you broke it off because you weren't ready?

I was dating this really great guy for about 2 months. Throughout the whole time we were seeing each other he was completely honest with me about everything and I was with him as well. We agreed that we didn't want to see anyone else because we wanted to see what this relationship could be. We became really close and even started talking about the future and we both agreed that there was definitely something between us to pursue. At the beginning of the dating period he told me that he just got out of a 6 year relationship with someone that he just couldn't trust anymore (she cheated throughout their relationship). He also said that we was ready to move on, settle down and have a family (so he thought). He did bring her up in conversation sometimes, just explaining how much she hurt him. I should have taken this as a sign that he wasn't ready, but didn't because I just figured he was being open. This brings me to present day. After 2 great months, he decided that he just wasn't ready after all. He wasn't completely over this previous 'family' and needed time. He was extremely apologetic and didn't want to hurt me, but also didn't want to drag it out any longer to spare me any more heartache. He said that he hates having to do this because things between us were going so well, and he would of done anything for me. I do believe that he is sincere with his decision and although it hurts like crazy, I know it's the best thing for both of us. He said who knows what the futures has in store for 'us'... My question for you guys is: Since there was nothing wrong with the 'relationship' that we had, is it crazy for me to think that he will eventually come around and want to get back together after he is ready again?

1

What Guys Said 1

• It's possible, but how long are you willing to wait? There is no guarantee that he will come back. He may regret his decision for leaving, but things happen for a reason. I wouldn't hold your breath.