Should I keep not responding?

My live in boyfriend had cheating on me and we broke up and I moved out. It has been three days since we broke up and he has been blowing up my phone calling, texting, voicemails. I haven't responed but I want to respond so bad. I'm hurting yes and what he did was wrong I just miss him.

Should I continute to not respond?

2019

Most Helpful Guy

• If you respond now and give him a way back in then you are simply teaching him that he can cheat on you and then fix it by blowing up your phone. Speaking from experience, someone who cheats is almost certainly going to cheat again so I would really advise you to cut him out of your life like a tumor.

Furthermore, this is an opportunity to take the pain your feeling and focus it into becoming a stronger person. Learn from this experience, use it to become a better, more interesting and all-around awesome human being. Before you know it the pain will pass, you'll learn a lot about yourself and if you decide to jump back into the dating pool you will have the benefit of learning from this experience and hopefully not have a repeat.

Furthermore, take control of your lines-of-communications. Sign up for a Google Voice number and learn how the leverage the hell out of that service. Then, only give out your GV number to family, friends and others because with it you have complete control over who gets to ring your phone, who doesn't, who goes straight to voicemail and who goes to some pre-recorded "Get lost" message.

Good luck with this experience and I hope you find a way to use the experience to your advantage. :)

Most Helpful Girl

• When someone I have been in a committed relationship cheats on me... I'm Done. It's happened two times. Both times, I've never spoken to them again. I won't do it. I won't give their lying asses one moment of my time. What are they going to say? Oh baby.. I'm so sorry! Oh baby.. i was drunk! Oh baby, you were mad at me and i was so horny, what was I supposed to do? (I love the last one... because it twists it into being YOUR fault) So, in the end, I would tell you no... move it along and get someone who deserves you... but that's just one woman's opinion.

What Guys Said 18

• Respond It means that there is a chance to talk for a long day to make things clear and maybe get back together
    But there is no guarantee that he won't cheat on you again

Not respond It means that 'little pain 'll disappears in short time
    But your life is going to change to the next level of consciousness, with more self-esteem

in the end it's your choice
    Good luck...

• The reason why you are not responding is because your mind tells you that's the best course of action. Because the way you write it looks you want him back right this second.

I'd say you need some time to properly think about it. Anything you decide right now will be an emotional decision.

Just create time. Write him a message saying that you need some space and time for yourself and that you can't get the space you need if he keeps calling you. And that you can only talk when you are ready.

By this he should back off and you can take the take you need to think.

• Nah, I wouldn't. If there was a girl who'd do this to me, she would be dead to me. I would've blocked the number, her FB and Whatsapp and everything else. People who do this dont deserve my attention, especially not if its the person I gave my heart to.

• Yes you should.. If you dont keep not responding, he will keep cheating on you.. Forgiving=hurts

• I can't response it but I can say you some words that he will not change this happen to me but i am not cheating her we just brokeup because I am mad at her for small thing after borke up she message me like after 4 days and this time she treating me like a friend really that worse with me she is my LDR really worse giving reply me after 4 or 5 days as a friend and says that friend don't need talk every time then we brokeup as a friend too. fuck really wasted my time

• Not if it's going to lead to getting back with him. Once a cheat, always a cheat.

Now if you want to just reinforce that it's over and for him to not bother calling via text, that's fine.

• get rid of him, he cheated on you.

• He is a total loose but you should meet him and talk it out, even if you don't go back together leaving in anger is just bad for you too.

• If you want to give him a chance, then it is alright. Otherwise, don't reply to them.

• It's not a good idea to because if you end up getting back together he will most likely cheat again sometime is better to move on no matter how hard it seems. Everything happens for a reason

• Tall and handsome + player > nice guy + ugly

• Im sorry to hear that

• If he keeps doing it, it's harassment. Get the cops involved

• It all depends on how you are feeling - and only you know what you did that made your boyfriend cheat on you in the first place. Guys are not cheaters by habit guys react to certain behaviours that result in their seeking companionship and gratification from another girl. Why have you become boring for example? As I know that I looked elsewhere when my girlfriend changed from a funseeker to a boring home maker. Look at yourself to find the answers to your question as to the real reason that your guy went wondering. FIX THIS and by all means take him back

• You can reply to me. I got time

• If he keeps texting or calling you then you should respond because now he feels so guilty about it, all he wants to do is talk to you and sort things out and if you still feel angry about it then just let it go and start a new with someone else

• Hm, to help out your immediate situation, "should I keep not responding", well... Why?

What is your plan, strategy here after? What is the set number of days of time away from him you need in order to wrap your mind around the events that have taken place? You're essentially only delaying the inevitable. I'm very sorry you got cheated on, and seemed to have been forced to leave your home in order to escape this cheater.

But waiting another day won't, fix or erase what he did, became a cheater :(. And without the final talk or confrontation you haven't gotten the closer you need to end things and go NC successfully if that what you decide.

Do please be very careful in what you do decide though, your heart can only take so many shots before true despair/ heartbreak. You must really judge how worthy this guy is to give a second chance, don't fall for lip service of empty promises, and well I would say watch his actions, but even those can be manipulative in moments. Good luck on your situation.

• You need figure out why your so gullible to stick with a cheating boyfriend
    once a cheater , always a cheater and they say, oh we won't do it but i can
    guarantee you they do repeat the same acts over again.

What Girls Said 19

• ... My live in boyfriend had cheating on me...
    He no longer can be trusted, @gifts123, and if you take him back, give him a chance at romance, there is a good Chance he will do it again behind your back.
    He has this track record now of being a Cheat sheet and grew accustomed to it where it was a life in which he thought he could have his sweet cake and eat it two by being with someone else And... You.
    You could give him an opportunity to hear you out. And okay, even if you took him back tomorrow with your own sorrow, the memories of him being in between the sheets with another, will never go away you will always remind him of it and he probably Then... Would find another lame duck excuse to nest with another tweety bird.
    Good luck. xx

• Do you want to take someone who cheated on you and caused you so much hurt back? It's really as simple as that.

Responding will do nothing to fix the actual problem. If you respond, that'll be the encouragement he needs to try to get you back.
    debbieutz.com/.../Insanity.jpg

• If you can forgive him and get back into a relationship with him, then respond. If you're not sure and want your questions answered then you should respond and agree to meet. If you know that you can't be with him after this, then don't respond, just keep ignoring him.

• If you take him back, you're sending a message that he can do it again. He's not with you because he wants you. If that were the case, he wouldn't have cheated. He's with you because you're safe. He already has you. This other girl isn't a sure thing, because what smart person would commit to someone that cheated with them on someone else? If he cheated on you, he'll cheat on her.

I'd answer one time, long enough to send a clear message to leave you alone. Any further contact is harassment, and could be used to file charges against him.

• Girl stay strong and don't make any decisions unless your clear on whether you want to be with him or not just let him know you need time to yourself. It's only been 3 days you haven't moved on yet

• dont forgive him... you will find someon e who is loyal...
    he is now afraid of loosing you (you were his security girl

• clear your head and think about what you really want in life then tell him that you want to talk somewhere public and then just talk it out with him, whether you still want to be with him or not... i personally wouldn't be with him, because if he cheated once, he'll most likely do it again.. hope this helped :)

• Give it some more time. You ultimately will have to decide whether you can trust him again. That decision shouldn't be made lightly or with his interference. He will probably try to say anything to make you take him back, whether it's true or false.

• Best revenge is to ignore

• don't respond, don't do it!!

• Make him pray for you to come back, and say "I won't fuck you, sorry my little ex"
    If he did, he will do that again. Don't confuse ur mind

• Continue not to respond. He dosent deserve it.

• Responding is telling him you want to get back together. Turn off your phone and delete everything before you read it. Unless you want to get back together.

• Don't respond. This will hurt him much more and the asshole needs to suffer a little. Be strong hun! Don't cave! At least for a good week or 2. It will get him to think about his actions more

• once a cheater, always a cheater. Never give him another chance to hurt you. You will find someone better

• Yes.. respond with a swearing

• You should respond and fix this up, tell him it was wrong of him to cheat, and If u feel like staying away, tell him " BITCH U CHEATED ON ME AND I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOU IN MY LIFE AGAIN SO FUCK THE HELL OFF"...
    thats a bit too much, but i will do that

• dont respond.

• Yes be strong! Don't give in yet! He did a shitty thing and you did the right thing!