How do I respond to his text?

My boyfriend has hurt me a lot in the past because he has walked in and out of my life constantly over the past 2 years. He stays for a couple months and then leaves without reason for a few. And then he comes back and the cycle keeps repeating. We've back together for a while now and we were texting and he said he wanted to be friends and he told me it's because "I just don't want to hurt you again"... How do I respond to this?

43

Most Helpful Guy

• It's best that to understand what his motive is. Is he genuine about it? Do you think it is worth it?

A real man will stay through both amazing and difficult times. From what I am reading, he's entering your life as thought you're a shopping mall. Coming in and out whenever he wants

I know what I mentioned is harsh. But it is the truth. Firmly say no. Stand for your grounds. Protect your dignity

I can see that you still love him. However, does he love you? Genuinely love you? At the end of the day, it is your choice to decide

What Guys Said 2

• You don't. Just dump him. You're not going to be able to be just friends

• Tell him to get lost. You need to grow up and stop allowing losers into your life. Try to do better next time.

What Girls Said 4

• I don't think its a good idea to be "friends" if one of you still has feelings.

• dont respond.

• Don't become friends it won't work out. If he doesn't want to hurt you he would walk out of you life completely so that you may move on. Sounds like wants to keep you lingering on.

• You don't. You delete his texts and you delete his number