Can I still be friends with my ex?

Okay so I broke up with my ex boyfriends around 3 weeks ago. We broke up on good terms and agreed to continue hanging out and be good friends. That is, until I found out that he has been lying to me about his whole reason for breaking up and used a lame excuse to cover it up. So I sent him a rather sinister message about how he should've grown some balls and told me the truth (he still didn't own up to it) and our "friendship" kinda ended there. We haven't contacted each other ever since then. So is that really the end of any hope to be friends? Does he hate me now? because now that I'm starting to get over it, I realize that he's not a bad person to be frirends with (just a bad boyfriend probably) and that I really don't like having a bad blood with people... Any suggestions?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• Ask yourself a few questions. Is it worth it?

You did found out the truth behind the whole break up. You may still want to be friends with him. However, does he wants to be friends with you?

Personally, I was in this situation. 4 days back. And it didn't end well. Lost my lady both as a lover and a friend. Got blocked on every social media, whatsapp, messenger

The last words I said was, "When you're ready. Please meet me up"

Don't be pushy and rush into being friends. (I made that mistake) Give it time, let it flow naturally. If he wants to be friends, he'll make his efforts too

Most Helpful Girl

• not a good idea.

What Guys Said 3

• friends I found has not worked I have remained in contact with an ex and we help each other out when we are feeling down and out but as soon as either of us starts dating we are under no illusions that the friendship will come to an end or at least a hiatus during the duration of the relationship.

• I think it's fantasy to think you can be friends with an ex. I civil is as good as it gets

• Nope. Hardly ever works as one of the two typically have lingering feelings, so its never any good. You may be able to be friends, just not the type to hang around with and be close from my experience.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!