How can I break up with someone who's madly in love with me?

Me and this girl has been dating for 2 months now. I liked her so much at the beginning of summer and she was the first thing on my mind, and after awhile of dating. I don't love her anymore. I want to like her again at least but I can't get that feeling back. She's such a good girlfriend too. She pays for a lot of things for me when I'm broke, she nice, pretty, respectful, and she does everything I like her to do. She just sent a video of 2 old couple cuddling and she wrote "that's going to be us." I really want to call it off but at the same time, I don't want to hurt her cause I know how she'll feel. We mostly talk online now and we barely see each other. Like only once every 2 weeks. What do you think I should do? Should I just hang around with her and suck it up and make her happy? Or should I call it off? And how?

54

Most Helpful Girl

• It sounds with the :That's going to be us" video raw deal, it was more of a Big Ordeal and you have what I always refer to on here, dear, as "Cold duck feet." This is when someone is scared of Commitment and doesn't want to be hooked at the hip right now, nor is ready nor raring to be two Birds of a feather.
    She has all of these qualities that turned you on and probably still Do.. Deep down. However, not seeing her for awhile, I believe that you will realize to your own eyes, that you will be Missing the Kissing. But as Glenda said to Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz: You wouldn't have believed me, you had to find out on your own.
    You could sit her down, get off of line, tell her face to face, that things are going too fast , at you want to slow this down a notch and go slow, and for now, just see what happens
    You could also take a long break, you could tell her, that you have personal issues that you need to address on your own, and give yourself some space and some time to find out if love is where the heart is Or... No place like home on my own alone.
    Of course, there is the old friend wheeling and dealing but whatever you do, should you decide to go this way, don't make it a Friends with benefits naughty and nice with spice sticky situation... That gets complicated and someone always gets the short end of the broom stick.
    Good luck. xx

Most Helpful Guy

• Break up with her. Yes, it will hurt her, but if you stay with her, you'll be wasting her time -- and yours. Give her the opportunity to be with a guy who truly adores her.

• How can I do it in the most gentle way?

• You'll probably get a bad reaction from her no matter what, but I recommend something like, "I think you're a great girl, but this just isn't working for me. I don't want to mislead you or waste your time."

What Girls Said 4

• If you don't want to be in a relationship with her any longer, then don't prolong it just to keep her blissfully ignorant and happy, because then she'll just keep growing more attached to you. The longer you wait > the more attached she'll be > the harder the break up will be.

You're not a bad person for wanting to break up with her, by the way -- it happens! Do it in person if you can, but if it's a long distance relationship then a phone call is fine. Before you go through with it, really think through your thoughts so that you know exactly what to say. Be honest, but also be gentle in your delivery.

• I think you should break up as soon as possible, is not fair for her, she will become more attached to you and then you are gonna hurt her more.
    Is not your fault so dont feel bad about it, you are human and we are all vulnerable to that kind of things.
    I think the best way to do is by telling the truth, you could try to tell her that you realized you dont feel the same way and is better for both of you to finish it
    Just dont be with her because you feel bad, is not good for you or her

• You don't know what love is and neither does she.

• yes break up with her , but never do it over phone or text. Its just terrible.

What Guys Said 3

• Be truthful, being on the receiving end of a break up in this situation the best thing to be is totally honest. The hardest part about a break up is the acceptance and if you hide anything he will know and it will eat away at him and will probably leave him trying to get you back if he thinks he has a chance. Also as hard as it may be you need to give each other space at least two weeks of no contact after.

• when you find out... let me know

• Fake your own death