Did he ever really care about me?

I just broke up w/my boyfriend. I had been having doubts about if he was marriage material and also I had a gut feeling that he was no longer interested in me. He is a very passive person who doesn't see the sense in urgency in anything. I tried to bring up these doubts little by little because bottling up these feelings is a bad idea. He told me he was completely content in the relationship and I was being paranoid. He thought I was trying to destroy the relationship. Today I ended it, I couldn't take those doubts anymore. He did everything except admit the fact that we weren't right for each other. I cared for him, but I was "shallow" for wanting him to show progress and growth in life (heck growth towards marriage). He also brought in that I left him for another guy (I met the guy a little while back and he invited me for fun w/a group of friends). Did he ever care about me? Why would he blame me for everything?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• Your broken up it's in the past now. Who cares. Don't dwell on it. It's done with. All that matters is your opinion and what you think. No use in over-analyzing something that is dead.

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course he cared about you but you have to understand getting dumped is not a walk in the park. Likely he was feeling all sorts of frustration and hurt so he took it out on you which is a very normal thing to do when you're being told off. I think you did the right thing though. You two don't sound compatible.

What Guys Said 2

• I'm not sure, but it does sound like he didn't seem to care much for this relationship.

• If he did not make any effort to hold you back, I would think he is a loser. Move on.

What Girls Said 1

• why do you even care?
    Let it go and be with someone better