When ex wanted to be friends, but now won't talk to you?

So I broke up with my boyfriend about a month ago, because I just couldn't see myself marrying him. But I still care about him a lot, and I miss him as a friend. When I broke up with him, he asked me if we could still be friends and I said yes. But I've tried several times to "be friends" and he has always been very short with me. When we see each other in person, he doesn't talk to me at all. Like I said, I miss him as a friend. So what's up with that? Did he not mean it when he asked to still be friends or what? He doesn't have another girlfriend or anything like that. I can't understand why he's making it so hard to be friends.

21

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• He has a sore spot in his heart for this Breakup, a sour ball to boot in his mouth when the relationship went south. He may say One thing today with "Be friends" that he agreed to, but in essence, it is his head that is being stubborn and is giving you the cold shoulder now.
    Ignore him for awhile. Let him contact you if he misses you here, dear. I think with absence that usually makes the heart grow fonder, he may come around sometime but he needs to really see that you are are not there and Care enough To... Make it easier to be friends.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 1

• To be honest let him go and let it go.. I know its like a vanilla thing to hear but really save yourself the grief. Take it from someone who thought she could be friends with hers... not worth it girl