Ex-boyfriend reaching out my best friend for no reason. Is he regretting the breakup after months?

My boyfriend and I were dating for one year and he decided to breakup because we were fighting a lot (nothing specific). We kept in contact by email in the following 2 months, then he decided he didn't want to get back together. As though as I was devasted, I agreed and vanished from his life. Out of the blue he has contacting my best friend now (we are 5 months apart). They have some things in common but he is going out of his way to contact her.
My bet is that he is contacting her so he finds out something about me (I know he is not interested in her - and even if he was, he would already asked her out). OR that he wants her to tell me he doing great and moved on (so he causes a reaction in me?).
What do you think?

11

What Guys Said 1

• I think you should just ask your friend if he is inquiring about you.

• Sometimes he asks. Very "casually".

What Girls Said 1

• Hm. Going for the best friend instead of talking to you directly. Somehow hun I doubt it.