Was I wrong to tell her I won't talk to her again?

So I am shy and don't really date much but this girl took an interest in me. However, lot's of men flirt with her. I am very insecure and don't like competition at all. So, I told her that I'm not going to talk to her anymore and that I hope she finds what she's looking for. She said "ok I understand" and we went went our separate ways. Was I wrong?

62

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it was wrong. You should work on your trust//jealousy issues so you don't have to reject girls who genuinely like you. I've been on her end of the situation. I can't control how men talk to me. But I can control my reaction which is to ignore them. If she isn't flirting back with them then there's no reason to ruin the chance of a great relationship with her.

Most Helpful Guy

• God...

Just...

smfh

What Girls Said 5

• Yeah you were it's not her fault that other guys want to be with her. And as long as she likes you and only you, you won't have any competition.

• no , best for both of you specially you , you need to work on yourself first before getting in romantic relationship or else all your relationships won't work and you will be the reason

• Well what kind of relationship did you have with her? Was it casual?

• No, sometimes it happens.

• If you liked her and regret your decision, then yeah -- probably.

Rejecting someone for such a trivial reason seems kind of silly to me. You have to take chances in this life.

What Guys Said 1

• If it was that easy for her to say "ok I understand" and walk away then she didn't really care about you. You don't know what would/could have happend and you will never find out unless you really want to go for her. So you chose? Do you like her or not? If not leave it, if yes then go apologise and talk to her again, you never know.. She could be your future wife or maybe not but you can only find out if you start it :).