Am I wrong for breaking up with him?

Last night we was out with a group of friends and they started talking about marriage, so they told him he'll probably want his ex back as a joke. He said no, I wan to marry my ex before her but she moved away. Everyone looked at me and I was speechless, so later that night I broke up with him. We have been together for 2 years. Now he say I was wrong for leaving him? Did I over react?

31

Most Helpful Guy

• No one wants to be second best or second to anyone... well for the most part any how

Most Helpful Girl

• You may have jumped the gun a bit, I feel it was a joke.
    Of course, it was really no laughing matter and the next thing you know, a '2 years' relationship, has gone up in smoke.
    When things cool down, contact him, and sit him down, having a serious convo about this huge issue. I believe that the ghost of yesterday has been in the closet so long, that with bringing her out, this skeleton rattled your own chains.
    Believe this wise ol owl here, dear, if he wanted her back as two birds of a feather or even thought about her, you wouldn't have had his own heart as long as you have.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 2

• I mean it's a grey area, he's stupid enough for saying that however I would mainly want to know WHY he said that. It's humiliating, he's BASICALLY just saying you're second best, and no one wants to be. But then again if he truly wanted to marry his ex, he would've followed her. Still such a rude thing to say, and I definitely know where you're coming from x

• I would have done the same. It’s actually a shame that you spent 2 years of your life with someone that didn’t truly appreciated you. He didn’t even thought how that would make you feel, and afterwards he actually has the nerve to say you were overreacting.