Why is no contact so hard?

Trying to do no contact with an ex who broke up with me is so hard... Especially cause I genuinely feel there could be so much more potential to our relationship... but I know you can't ever beg or try to conveince people of anything... but it's like "ugh I really want to text them" I guess it doesn't help that since we started getting close in Jan... up until yesterday (including our breakup a few weeks ago) we basically only went 3-4-5 days without talking... Honestly.. this is why I tell people to IMMEDIATELY go no contact now.. I tried the other way.. and it DOES NOT WORK.

23

Most Helpful Girl

• Just because two people Breakup doesn't meant they can't and don't Makeup and that it's Goodbye, my love forever. And as an "EX" you still Mark an X in your own softie spot here, dear, there may come a time down this lonely love line, when You... Contact her because it is so hard.
    No harm, even if you want to be friends, just to say "Hi" and ask how she is feeling. Many couples who have split get together many times to either be friends with or without benefits or even to possibly think of reuniting.
    Although I am not completely on board with the back to the bed deal, I do think that a nice healthy friendship to Begin anew Beguine is Nice to nurse and nurture.
    But if it was a Bad Breakup, then better to stay clear here, dear.
    Good luck. xx

• I agree.. I think it's possible to be friends with an ex. or even get back together at one time.. we've only been broken up for 3 weeks.. so that's not really time to judge... sadly since the breakup i've been a little clingy so she yesterday she said I have been busy lately but also, I think it's better if we don't talk as much as we would've when we were together. I think the space is nice and that'll establish an even better friendship because we would know what it's like to be actual friends instead of having almost everything we had while we were together. I think talking everyday for hours is too much how it was when we were in a relationship and that it should be an occasional thing. Like I'm not saying I don't value our friendship or that I don't want to talk to you. I'm just saying that us texting and talking occasionally is better, in my opinion. Also, it'll help us stray away from conversations on our relationship bc there will be other things to talk about.

• Good point... from what I've told you.. do you think this ruins my chances for the future? A lot of people say she could be testing me.. to see how I react... to see how I react to "not getting my way"

• Yes, could be she will teat you and also want her cake and eat it two with keeping you around and wanting her free bird freedom. xxoo

Most Helpful Guy

• I am currently doing no contact with a girl I really cared about, but we chose to mutually and peacefully break up due to long distance. This has actually made it harder because there was nothing wrong with us... and we both want to keep in touch, but decided at least a few months of no contact to help us move on, but I want to know she is doing okay so badly...

What Girls Said 1

• Give it time then

What Guys Said 2

• It is difficult for you because you either don't try or you really have nothing better to do.