If you're in a relationship and your partner cheats on you, do you think it's okay to start hitting them, slapping them, kicking them in the balls?

• YES
  • NO
Maybe this question will become popular, I don't know

116

Most Helpful Girl

• I have been angry many a time in my life from everything from soup to nuts, however I have NEVER done anything quite like this.
    Many people may kick and scream and rant and rage and even give someone a sift kick in the ballies because they get so emotionally upset that something inside is triggered and with people like This... Lord only knows what else they could be capable of.
    I don't Approve but then again, I do not think they can help themselves.
    Good luck. xx

• Thank you, sweetie, for the upvote. xx

• Thank you, sweetiew, for the Vote of Confidence, hope you are feeling better these days. xxoo

Most Helpful Guy

• While I get takumii point (i. e. the historic doubt standard regarding men hurt by women), it's not 100% true anymore. Most jurisdictions have Domestic Violence Laws requiring the police to arrest someone if there is any evidence of Domestic Violence. Some jurisdictions even require that they remove one person to a different location, even if a crime hasn’t been committed, if there is a “risk” of Domestic Violence.

In the end, any person who shows any injury is the “victim”, or if the statements taken indicate that some is a “victim”, then the other person is the “perpetrator” and must be arrest (if both are injured or claim injury, both will go to jail). The prosecutor then decides who telling the truth and who will be charged (if there is enough evidence). It an "arrest first, sort it out later" mentality.

Even if the “victims” refuses to cooperate, the prosecutor will charge the “perpetrator” anyway. It no longer matters if the “victim” “refuses to press charges”. Yes, it’s harder to prove, but if there is evidence (like police photos) they will charge the “perpetrator” anyway. This is due to the fact that, the federal government has Domestic Violence Prevention money that the jurisdiction only gets if they have these rules, and the fact that Police departments have been sued by “victims”, or their next of kin, when they leave without taking someone to jail or let the “perpetrator” out of jail to quickly (even though the “victim” “refuses to press charges”). It’s all about getting money or avoiding lawsuits. However, takumii is correct in that the cop is going to believe that the woman is the “victims” a lot faster then the man, hence the doubt standard. It is assumed that men are the “perpetrator” and the woman is the “victim”, which is wrong.

While I get (and even agree with) your physically hurt a cheating jerk, if you "hitting them, slapping them, kicking them in the balls", you are going to jail, period. So I guess you can do it, but you will have to pay the price.

What Girls Said 10

• I mean it's not ok, but sometimes it's a reaction. You're hurt. So you want them to hurt. I've been cheated on twice. I never lashed out physically but I've thought about it.

• The fact that you did not lash out makes you much stronger than every other person who did in a similar situation

• No. But he won't be my boyfriend anymore. And his ego will take quite a hit.

• No, of course not.

• Why would I even waste seconds of my feelings on someone worthless? By reacting it's already showing that they're still so important, very much that they got a reaction from you that you care about them still.

• No, not at all.

• Not gonna lie I'd slap him out of angry and because I'd feel disrespected.

• But does anger make violence justified?

• anger* Sorry bout the typo, and you never know what you'd do in a situation like that. People who say they wouldn't slap that person usually would in the heat of the moment.

• No but i would surely quit on him.

• No
    It's okay to just dump that person

• Nooooo... physical abuse can't be accepted in any way...

• No BUT cheat on him, tell him, then dump him (harshly)

What Guys Said 5

• NO YO WTF YOUR BALLS ARE YOUR BABIES WTF
    in all serious cheating is bad but fucking physical abuse is worse then mental or emotional in this way

• No. But I'll forget about her + forgive her = high appreciation in self-esteem , stronger

• Yes, as long as they are men, you can slap them, hit them, kick them, butcher them, kill them, burn them. But that's no no to a woman.

• i think fighting is cool... humans love it.

• *BOOM* Jab to the face. *BOOM* Cross to the nose. *BOOM* Left hook to the temple. *CLINCH* Knee to the sternum. *PUSH BACK* Roundhouse kick to the ribs. *SETUP* Superman punch between the eyes.