Why do you think ex's hide or not tell their ex's about a new boyfriend/girlfriend?

Especially if a break up just happened 2-4 weeks ago.. It's probably most likely a rebound and they RARELY work... but if you were completely over your ex.. wouldn't you not care if he/she knew you had someone new? Some people have said.. if an ex has a new boyfriend/girlfriend and they don't tell their ex... they most likely still have feelings and don't want to ruin a possible chance of getting back back together

44

Most Helpful Girl

• Why do I feel the need to tell my ex anything? We're not in a relationship anymore which means I'm not obligated to tell him anything. And I personally wouldn't be in a relationship a month after breaking up, but yeah. I don't think it always means that you still have feelings.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think that is right. I mean... an 'ex' is someone who is gone from your life, for whatever reason. Nobody is OBLIGED to share information about their personal lives with an ex, whether it is one day or one year after the break up. In fact, I would actually prefer it that way myself. I would never share that info with an ex, and I wouldn't want to know about my ex's personal life too. I'm done and dusted with them, for good.

• What if you guys are friends?

• Well... for me at least, it is not possible to be 'friends' with the person I once dated. Similarly, it is also not possible for me to be friends with a person i have feelings for, and is not reciprocated. I always prefer to avoid unnecessary emotional pain.

What Girls Said 3

• Or they don't tell their ex because their ex is no longer a part of their life and it's really none of their ex's business anyway?

• What if they are friends?

• I don't believe ex's should stay friends because awkward situations like the one you just described up above happen. And the reason they probably haven't said anything is because they don't want to hurt the other person.

• Maybe she felt bad for you.

• What if she had this new guy lined up BEFORE the break up? In this case it would be cheating rather than rebounding...
    and not telling about it would be just a way to hide the inconvenient truth. Perhaps she feels guilty.

What Guys Said 3

• Who I date or my ex date after our relationship ended is none of each of our problems.

• Quit overthinking. Quit analyzing her behaviour. Just move on with your life.

• Because it can be awkward.