How do I get over a break up with one of my best friends?

We started out as such good friends but quickly escalated our relationship since we just had that kind of connection. We would talk about anything and everything all night on the phone and shared all of our secrets and insecurities and told each other about our depeession. But we broke up and even though we weren't technically together we were so attracted to one another we would kiss and hold each other for months after the break up. Every time we said it would be the last time but it never stopped. And now, we know it has to. But I still love him, and whether or not he loves me, it's hard for him not to go back to that place as well. Please I don't want to lose him, he's my best friend.

14

Most Helpful Guy

• then you are asking the wrong question girl... the right question what had happened? why you should be apart? did you talk about it? cauze I know it's the worst emotional pain ever it's depressing and it never fade away (I know it's hard but it's the truth)

• We talk about it all the time. Every time we get together and end up making up or something again I tell him I want to be with him and he just keeps saying "it wouldn't work"

• I don't know if it would, but I love him so I'm willing to try

• Okay I see so I'd say just try to get yourself away from him.. wait and see I assume you have faith then you know if you two are ment to each other it will happen no matter what and if n't then may God help you and just know that there are some people out there that your problem to them is so small

Most Helpful Girl

• Awh that sucks.. I had something similair but not quite since we never went out... At first I was trying to suppress my hurt and say I didn't care and blah blah but that made me hurt more and took a lot of energy constantly suppressing my emotions.. So eventually, I just admitted to myself that i am hurt, and that I realise that we must part for the best and that just let th healing begin... I thought of our relationship as a whole (good and bad) and sooner or later I healed and no longer cried myself to sleep at night or over this guy.. So my advice is to accept how you feel and understand why you must not be together... Sorry is this sounds like complete bs😂

• Thanks, that was kinda helpful. This is my first breakup so I guess I just don't know how to deal

• First break up is bitch.. I'm really sorry about your break up... Its even more sore when you know you both like each other yet you have to part.. Good luck and stay strong<3

• Thank you

What Guys Said 3

• You shouldn't have continued to hold & kiss after your break up. Thats whats made it even harder than it already is

• Yeah I realized that but it's a lot harder than it sounds

• I know im going through it now

• Why you break up?

• Religious differences

• @Dave20152 it's a big deal tho if he wants sex before marriage and I don't

• Then yeah you can't be with him. You'll just have to find some one else so you won't feel lonely

• You "broke up" with one of your "best guy friends". How does that work?

• We were friends then we dated

• I don't know, it kinda hurts..

• Obviously it proves it

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!