Guys, how long does it take for a guy to get over a bad break up?

I want to date this guy, but he just got out of a really bad relationship where he was cheated on.. How long does it take for guys to get over their break ups? He's really sweet and like no one I've met before.

4

Most Helpful Guy

• There is no fixed timeline of breakup recovery. It varies from person to person and one's circumstances to another. If you dated a person you didn't really love, you'd be thankful for the breakup.

Dating a person you thought you didn't love can surprisingly be hurtful and prolonged the recovery period to weeks or months.

Also, if he lived with his for say more than a year, such that they were bonded socially and economically and in addition if he loved her so much, the recovery period can span months or even years.

People handle breakups differently. Some get, understandably, soaked in the past or hope the lover would return. If he falls in this category, the recovery period can be longer, say months or years.

His recovery can span years if he carries a mental image of the ex girlfriend such that she becomes the filter or mirror of the next girl he is looking for.

What Guys Said 3

• If he really cared for her and she cheated on him- I would say a while... like months to be truly over it enough to have another trusting and healthy relationship. Not to say you can't work it out with him, but just know that depending on how long they were together and how much he cared about her, it could take over half a year to be 100% over it. Now he would likely be over it enough o move on some before then, but I don't think dating someone new when you still have stuff from your last relationship to figure out...

• If he totally cut relations with the previous, I'd say from 4 month to a year. Depends on how long they were together, how much he did like her and how bad was the cheating

• 9 months for me at moment. Better than I was but still have down days