Im leaving for good now am I wrong?

Well i have been with my boyfriend for 8 years. I am currently 19 and he his 20. Recently i broke it off with him letting him know i can no longer go on like this. That my feelings for him has change because of so much abuse in our relationship. We went through a lot and i seriously have just been staying because i feel so bad for him being alone. But at the same time its making me unhappy. Honestly he isn't a bad guy. Its just he isn't for me. We have a messy past that scared both of us really bad. I mean we do have fun together but i don't see him as what i need as a husband anymore. He tries too give me the things i want as far as intimacy but it just isn't changing how i feel at all. I just can't get connected like we use to be when i was 16 17. I feel bad because i feel like it could work if i just put what i want like my happiness to the side and give him everything and accept what he gives Whether i like it or not. Well too make things even worse i don't have anything of my own i missed out on my education too try and be with him because we barely could see each other. He has everything figured out its like he is happy and im not. He has an apartment 2 jobs. So what i also finaly did was go after my career. He hates the fact that im doing all these things like chasing after my career and wanting too get my own apartment and car. I told him i just hate depending on you. I told him i want too move in when we are married. Im leaving soon should i just try too be with and work on it or give up and move on. I NEED HELP. WHAT SHOULD I DO

05

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 4

• "my feelings for him has change because of so much abuse in our relationship". Any abuse is to much abuse. Do you really think that, no matter what he promise, he is going to stop the abuse once he starts? It's only going to get worst. Leave him now.

• It sounds like the only mistake here is you waiting so long to leave him. You say that he is abusive but then say that he is not a bad guy. Amy guy that is abusive, be it physically or verbally is a bad guy. You can’t spend all your time worrying about other people and not yourself. If he is holding you back when you want to move forward that alone is enough reason to leave regardless of your feelings for him, and it sounds like you don’t have much in the way of feelings for him anyways. Yes, get out of there.

• Boyfriend of 8 years... I am 19, he is 20.

LOL... kids these days.

• 8 years? Wow so you were like 11 and 12 at the beginning?

What Girls Said 0