Being a single man and adopting?

I am 26 years old and I've been in 2 serious relationships. My last relationship I got married at 25. We divorced right before our 1 year anniversary. I have learned a lot since then about myself. My ex wife was so obsessed with having children that I'm actually glad we didn't have any cause it went south. I'm scared cause I see how common divorce is and children just make the breakup worse (no offense to children). I'd like to have children by myself one day. Adoption seems like it's going to be a common option for men in the future. Some of us were just not meant to be in a long lasting relationship with someone but still want to be parents. If like to adopt after I get my career. How likely would it be for me? Is it possible? Single women do it all the time, why can't single men?

33

Most Helpful Girl

• All I'm reading here is a man that has given hope on relationships that can make it through the storm.
    I know you probably thought you marriage was strong enough it withstand any battle, but it wasn't.
    That doesn't mean that you cannot find a relationship with a woman, that will be solid, strong and last many years.
    Don't give up hope.
    You'll have the relationship and biological family you want some day.

Most Helpful Guy

• Adopting as a single male will be very difficult. Read through who adoption services actually accommodate...

You'll be fighting an uphill battle.

What Girls Said 2

• doesn't hurt to try.

• Before making this decision, you need to learn more about how a single moms raises their child. It's not easy and there are lots of issues such as staying awake almost every night for giving milk and checking baby if she/he is ok, especially, when she/he is sick. You will have to spend almost all of your time with your baby until she/she is around 6-7 years old, so make sure that you have enough patient to cope with problems.

What Guys Said 2

• They only allow couples to adopt

• Actually, it's very difficult for single people of either sex to adopt. The law and the adoption agencies have a strong preference for married couples. I would recommend that you apply to be a foster parent and see how that works out for you. Going from single to parent is a HUGE adjustment and it will show you (and the world) that you're capable of taking care of a child without a meltdown.