Can you read people easily or not?

Do you find it really easy to read someone accurately? Does it come naturally to you, or do you have to work at it a lot? Or are you one of those people who don't even think about reading people?

61

Most Helpful Girl

• I read people really easily. It's just a matter of noticing subtle things and connecting the dots.

What Girls Said 5

• I can definitly read people easily. its a skill you learn overtime through experince, facial expressions, and posture... sometimes in how they say things. I know a jerk/bitch from a mile away! =)

• lol um I can read my friends at school easily. It just comes naturally cus I care too much about them :D

• I can barley read my own.

• I can read people very easily.

• yeah pretty well. I don't know why that's just how I am, always been that way

What Guys Said 1

• Everyone will read any given person. There is one exception- if the person has no motivation to encounter that person (Following are some examples of when that happens):

- When an individual has lost a friend or family member and is grieving

- When an individual is at work where there is no observations required.

- When the person is with friends or family and engaged in conversation with them

etc

When you approach a random stranger, and their head is sunk to their chest and they walk really slowly while reading through some messages on their phone- you can take a guess that the individual is probably having a bad day. If you guess and say that something is bothering them- I would assume your right. My personal guess on what was stated prior is- the person is probably going through a rough breakup and is talking to friends for support.

It's just something that requires effort- if you're the "Alpha" of the people around you- there is little motivation to read into others, though if you do- you will have that much more utensils at your hand when trying to interact with others.

There's no trick to reading people- it just happens. Take your "impression" of their personality. Are they sad? Are they angry? Are they drunk? ... etc- Then relate that to what details you have about them:

- Their environment / Their friends / Anything you know about them / etc

Then you can judge as to what is "out of place" with that person and better understand what's going on.

Here's an experiment- go through the list of questions on GirlsAskGuys- pick someone above level 3 and go to their question. Read it thoroughly and then go to their profile->questions ;; Read the other questions they have posted and compare those. Now you have an idea of what they have been/are going through and can better guess how to handle the situation.

If the person is a smart ass- feel comfortable saying whatever. If they are sulking about a breakup, don't try to hit on them or say "it will be okay"- that's said all too often.

If you're going to be using this in the art of life- try to use this "skill" to master those around you and understand their scenario WITHOUT ASSUMING! You cannot just freely assess what someone does or says and "gaurantee" that they are doing something else because of ___ reasoning.

Best regards,

ArtistBBoy