Is there always a chance if an ex keeps you around?

If an ex breaks-up with you.. but keeps you around. even if it's occasionally.. do you think there's always a chance of getting back together? for example.. my ex broke up with me a few weeks ago.. and she said we should be friends but talk occasionally at least until we are both comfortable... she's only done this with one other ex, where they talk once in awhile.. Maybe she just wants to talk occasionally or eventually be decent friends?

21

Most Helpful Girl

• Just because two people Breakup doesn't mean they can't and don't Makeup and that it's Goodbye forever, my love. And with an "EX" who still Marks an X in your own softie spot, there may come the day when she throws this your way and Says... We should be friends.
    If she is still friendly with the Other "EX," she may want to list you now somehow in that category as well. She may still want you in her life but not as two birds of a feather and maybe get Together... Occasionally.
    You are on a fresh Breakup but there could come a Break Through, I am not denying it. However, it may take some time, so in the Meantime, focus on you and don't wait around for her. Begin your own Beguine of enjoying your life once more as a single man who has opened a new door.
    Good luck. xx

Most Helpful Guy

• She wants to keep you on the hook. I would stop talking to her while you get your life going again. if after you've started dating or better yet, have a new girlfriend, she wants to be friends. That's great, as long as it doesn't interfere with your new love life.

• That's what I thought... It's like they don't want to talk every day.. but if an ex wants to talk occasionally just to check up on each other, it seems like they just want to keep you around just in case... My ex only is friends (they talk occasionally) with one other ex.. the rest of her ex's she doesn't talk to at all

• So the only point I should ever talk to her again, is when I'm completely over her

What Girls Said 1

• Personally I think it's not about a chance of getting back together, it's about knowing you have that person you had a connection with still there for you , but that doesn't rule out the chance of a spark coming back.

• Even if you guys only talk once in awhile?

• Well I guess it would depend the people but I would think you guys even if randomly speaking you'd think back to the fun times you guys had together and how different ur relationship together was compared to the ones after

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!