He cheated on me. Should I take him back?

my boyfriend has a reputation of cheating on girls. so when we started dating I always knew there was a possibility he was cheating on me. so when I found out he really was, I didn't really get that mad. I did brake up with him though. however, he's begging me to take him back. I want to, but what type of example am I setting for myself? what do I do?

64

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally I would say no, because if you did you will always be saying that its acceptable for a guy to treat you like this. Also you have to think about the trust, he has broken the trust in the relationship, can you get that trust back after what he did? Will you always be watching over your back expecting it to happen again, can you live in a relationship like that? They are things you have to think about, but the main point is you are young TRUST me their are lots of other guys out their who will not treat you like this. The best payback for what he did is to go on and be happy. Do you really want to waste time on someone who will treat you like that and miss opportunities for a better relationship. Its always better to end a relationship with a guy wanting you back than the other way around. Also your well pretty you can do better than this guy! i

What Guys Said 4

• I would say don't take him back he obviously didn't care very much about what you 2 had to just throw it all away with cheating. And since he did it once he will more than likely do it again. You can find a way better guy who won't do that to you.

• If a broke-up couple want to be together again, think back what 've you both do always..

if he's sexually active.. then I'll have nothing to say...

if he's not sexually active.. you may b can consider it..

think twice, don't make a decision that make you can't sleep well every9~

• he did it once and he'll do it again. if you don't care that much then by all means go out with him again...

• dont take him back

What Girls Said 5

• Do not get back together with him. He obviously does not love or respect you if he thinks he can go around embarrassing you and treating you like crap by cheating on you. He needs to learn a lesson. Cut off all contact with him and move on. Why would you settle for someone who thinks he can find someone better and use you to fall back on? You deserve so much better! Cut him off!

• here it is so you can set it down right to your self...once a cheater, always a cheater. there are plenty of more fish in the sea, you're beautiful! don't waste your time with this guy, especially if you knew it was gonna happen think about it because it can happen again if you take him back

• depends on how you feel about him...if you honestly believe he won't do it again..if you can handle it.

• do not take him back!

i made that mistake and same thing happend..

• no! first of all you messed up from the beginning when you decided to date a guy that has a reputation for cheating on multiple girls. if he did it to them what makes you any different? he will most likely do the same to the next girl he dates. if you take him back he will just do it again. why are you so pressed to be with a guy who treats you like crap and is most likely just using u? girl you need to get ur self esteem up and stop worrying about guys who don't care about u!