I'm engaged but I'm in love with someone else, what do I do?

My first serious girlfriend is someone I can never forget, I was an complete ass to her. She was always good to me despite me being an ass to her. We lasted for 3 years and when the relationship ended it was difficult not to contact her even though I was the one who left her... our relationship ended 4 years ago.

Anyway, I am now engaged to another, I do love her and care for her and she's a nice person.

Last week, I ended up bumping into my ex, she completely blew me away with how beautiful she has gotten (she was beautiful when we were together but even more so now). I suggested having a coffee to catch up, when she agreed she smiled and it made me melt... I dunno it's like all my feelings came rushing to the surface. During the catch up it was so hard not to say "I miss you" or "I love you" or even to confess that I haven't stopped thinking about her since the day I last saw her. I was meaning to tell her I was engaged but all I hear is a voice in my head saying I'm too afraid that if I told her I would lose out on us having a second chance.

Everything about her awes at me, I have fallen in love with her all over again.
After a lot of thinking I have realised that all these feelings I have towards my ex I have never felt for my fiancee... I don't feel that there's anything left for us anymore.

She is a nice person and I do care for her but I just can't be with her anymore.

What should I do?

43

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't marry someone you're not in love with

Most Helpful Guy

• What should you do?

You should break off your engagement with your fiancée, go for the one you love, you still love her. However before you break off your engagement, you need to be sure that your ex-lover still loves you and is willing to take you back. You need to tell you ex the truth that you are engaged now, if you want to get back with her, if you want a second chance you should be honest with her, if she still loves you and is willing to get back with you then you can call off your engagement.

What Girls Said 3

• break up with her. cut it off before you tie the knot and make it a legal thing. you obviously love someone else more, so don't waste anyones time.

• Talk to your ex and see where she stands and talk to your fiance as well. You can't help how u feel. You wouldn't want to marry someone you don't really love. Best of wishes.

• Break it off with your fiancé.

You seem like a great catch. Breaking girls hearts n all...

• So basically to save my fiancee some heartache I should just stay with her and live a lie. Sounds great.

• No. Obviously don't do that. That will hurt just as much.

Figure out what the fuck you want before you hop around breaking girls hearts.

You seem like the type of guy who would now break up with your fiancé hook up with your ex and then in two years decide oh hey look how beautiful my ex fiancé is I think I'm in love with her now...

What Guys Said 2

• Huuh just cut your fiancee out of your life ASAP... She doesn't deserve that kind of a treatment...

And I hope your ex dumps you again... So that you lots both of them...

Figure out what the fuck you want before going for anything... Now you are going to break one heart where you don't even know if your ex wants you back or not

• Yeah, it's a crappy move, but you need to break it off with your fiance, whether your ex goes for you or not. You sound confused, which is no way to be in an engagement. Really, you need to leave them both alone and get your mind right.