If your ex wrote you a letter, would you read it?

You JUST started dating someone new and your ex gives you a letter she wrote you. You broke up with her, but you were showing signs you were still interested but didn't want to put yourself out there because you knew she didn't want a relationship (and you secretly wonder if it's because of you). And you hurt her so anyway.

Would you read it?

I really messed up with her. It's my fault we kept breaking up and it's my fault we didn't get back together. She was pulling away from me and didn't want to be friends, but we somehow made things work. I kissed her at a party. She wanted me to but suggested I didn't. And of course I did anyway. To make matters worse, instead of trying to fix things with her after that, I started dating someone else.

I know I'm an idiot/jerk/everything horrible under the sun. I don't deserve her. But I wish I did. I keep comparing my current girlfriend to her. She makes me happy, and I don't want to ruin things. But the letter threw me in for a loop.

Has your ex ever written you a letter?

10

What Girls Said 1

• I think you should read the letter, she took the time to write it for your, its the least you can do. If you don't read it, you have to live with wondering what she wrote, so you may as well get it done. If this new girl makes you happy, then learn from your mistakes and don't f*** things up with her too. Sometimes its best to just move on with life. You should work at being the good guy so you don't have to think "i don't deserve her" if you treat her well, and this is returned, then you will deserve her. your whole thought process on this situation could completely change after reading the letter, who knows. she could be saying she hates your guts, or she could be saying she misses you and wants to make this work, or that she is happy for you. who knows.

good luck.

ps no my ex hasn't written me a letter.

• Well I ended up reading it. She bashed me in it, but her reasoning was valid. She said she loved me like a friend. But she hasn't talked to me since.

• No I don't know what to say to her. She wished me a happy birthday but that was it.

• Well maybe tell her that you read the letter and you respect her oppinion and you are sorry about what happened. tell her you want to work at being friends. ask her how she is doing, or if she wanted to go for coffee, the list is unlimited.

What Guys Said 0