Please help me!! Is this normal during a breakup?

I broke up with my boyfriend a little time ago and it hurts like hell!!
I wonder if is normal to feel like I do not want to date anyone never ever again under no circumstances? I can not go through this again, I mean, I am not a masochistic!!

Maybe dating is not for me. I am almost 19 years old and I know that at my age is very difficult to have a long relationship.
He was my first boyfriend.

75

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, I suppose it's normal.

Most Helpful Girl

• As hard as it Is right now here, dear, with your heart broken into a million little pieces, you Will Feel as though you will Never heal, that you got a raw deal, that you will Never love again And... I can not go through this again...
    Give yourself Time to lick your war wounds. Focus now on you Only. Mingle with friends and family who understand what you are going through and in time, fr this will be your bestie friend, will Heal all wounds, I promise you.
    My First Love came when I was 13-16, and when we broke up, for I wrote the "Dear John" letter, due to him yes, loving me, but I felt he was way too immature for me, was the hardest thing I ever had to do, and even though I went back to dating, I compared Him to every one of them for seven long enduring and yearning years.
    I never got my closure until Seven years later When... He was ready to get married and it was only then that I realized with being with him, it wasn't the same anymore and I could now move on.
    I can't say how long it will take your heart to mend but in time, keep dating, and don't give up. Sometimes love comes along when you least expect it, and that is the Best of all.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 4

• Yep sounds about right. It is usually not easy, but it does get easier with time and some relationships end on a pretty good note.

• Yeah, break ups pretty much always suck.

• I wanna offer advice, but I've never been in a relationship myself soooooo.

• Is totally normal, girl!

What Girls Said 6

• Its extremely normal!
    Everyone goes through it hun
    Hell, after my first break up i thought id die alone, cried to all my friends til they were sick of hearing about it, and lost weight through troubles eating.
    But you push yourself back because life does go on. Yes itll hurt for a while. But one day you'll look back and those memories won't be sad anymore, theyll make you happy. And you'll realise you'll find someone else who makes you just as happy.
    And you'll probably not even expect it.
    First boyfriends are always the worst. But it gets better. As they say when you hit the bottom the only way to go is up?

• Giirrrlll your young your gonna go through so many breakups unfortunately some people aren't lucky and have to go through heart breaks to find the one. But in the end it'll all be worth it and these heart breaks are only gonna make you stronger. I know they suck I myself recently went through a breakup with a long term boyfriend and I felt like my heart was torn to pieces ; their were days I would be standing and fall down crying. I would cry from the morning till I fell asleep and their were nights I couldn't even sleep. Anywhere I would go I would cry escoially places you went for our anniversary. I still question myself what went wrong. Some people just aren't in it for the long run but some day you'll find someone that would take bullets for you 😌

• You will get past that bit eventually perfectly normal. You still young so u got plenty of time to date x

• Totally normal! You say that because it was recent but you're going to heal and you will love again.

• Very very normal!!

• Now it looks like the worse but you get over because life keeps going. You will feel better, I promise.