What actions do you consider when you say "they led me on"?

34

Most Helpful Guy

• The only time I've ever been led on was by my best friend who I was crazy about during uni. She knew I had feelings for her and enabled them, constantly being around me, teasing/flirting with me, just being as close to me as possible, she would make sure we had all the same classes, she'd tell me how she couldn't wait to go to med school with me and how wonderful it would be to love with me. She was in a relationship from the very start of when I met her and she spent more time with me and talked more with me than with her boyfriend. After two years I had enough and asked her out on a date even though I knew she was in a relationship (I I couldn't take it anymore, my feelings for her were severely negatively impacting my life, I lost like 10 pounds from the stress alone). She told me that she couldn't because she had a boyfriend and if she was single she wouldn't even hesitate because I was the best guys she's ever met her entire life. I asked her to promise me that if things didn't work she'd give us a shot and she agreed. Six months later she broke up with her boyfriend and took everything she said to me back, I asked her if she ever had feelings for me and she said no which was complete bs, I've seen how she would look at me when she didn't think I could see her, I knew how differently she behaved around me compared to everyone else around her. If she never said what she said to me when I asked her on a date I wouldn't be so bitter, she had no right to tell me that when she knew how I felt about her and give me false hope, it was such a horrible thing to do. It's the worst "break-up" I've had with someone, she took all the confidence I had and took a giant dump on it, she changed me forever.

• *live* not love

• Did you ask her out after she broke up?
      If she stares at you, maybe she likes you but just shy to admit it?

• I asked her if she ever had feelings for me after they broke up (I didn't know she had broken up at the time I asked, I found out a couple of days later through a mutual friend and she said no which which some of the biggest bs I've ever heard in my life, I'm not a clueless moron when it comes to picking up the signs). We used to spend like 5-6 hours together everyday for over 2 years, staring was the tip of the iceberg, there were signs everywhere that she was into me, everyone that didn't know that we were just friends thought we were a couple and always looked shocked when we told them we weren't which was immediately followed by something along the lines of you should be or you'd be great together. It was my fault too, I should have made a move when I had the chance, but I didn't want to be the asshole who broke up a relationship and that's how I learned that you should have a loose moral code.

Most Helpful Girl

• Make it seem they are more interested in you than they really are.

• Like staring at you.. his friend telling you the guy likes you?

• No, leading someone on is directly between the two people involved. He might say he really likes you, makes plans with you, get you comfortable in thinking he likes you, then suddenly just move on with no reason.

What Guys Said 3

• actions? a fuck ton of intentional flirting and empty promises knowing they won't return shit

• Every kind of action that gives you a false hope perhaps.

• what if she's just nice and smiley to every one, and you thought she's smiley and nice TO you?

• Then it's a misunderstanding and no one led on no one. Unfortunately misunderstandings can hapen.

• Flirting, texting constantly, saying you want to date us but then constantly rescheduling, just say no

• I know its sick. I was led on too, he didn't tell me he wants to date me, but his friend kept telling me how much his friend likes me and once his friend asked me out for him. so yeah its sucks.

What Girls Said 2

• I consider the fact that I chose to live a illusion instead of seeing what was obvious , if anything I led myself on

• Told you they were looking for more of a relationship than what you actually got.