I told my ex they broke my heart, and they responded "Sorry, feel better. Have a good one."?

This was so hurtful to me. Why do you think he said this to me, in such a cold way?

54

Most Helpful Guy

• Although he could have been more tactful, his general point IS correct. I'm sorry to say, but what more can he do to apologize and give you space (and hope you feel better).

Be thankful that at least he's not the kind of guy to emotionally manipulate you after the breakup. Unfortunately, many people don't even treat each other like people after breakups, I've noticed. At least he's saying "feel better" and indicating that he will remain civil.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because he's your ex...

What Guys Said 3

• what do you expect him to say? He doesn't feel the same way and doesn't want to give you the wrong message

• Because men can be unfeeling douchebags.

• These are the ones that become Republicans or, worse, Objectivists.

• Maybe he hurts a lot more than you and he doesn't want to think about breaking up with you because, his feelings about it are messy and problematic. There are always two sides to a coin. I remember feeling like shit, when I dumped my ex and suddenly none of my friends would talk to me. Anyway, what response did you expect when you said stuff like that? That's how any sane man who is not a masochist would respond

What Girls Said 4

• omg what an asshole. ... i think i answered ur question lol.
    dont worry love, guys like him dont deserve the time of day.

• Cause he didn't care. that was then and this is now so basically. I'm going to say "sorry" if it helps to get this awkward situation you started over with... I'm my opinion.

• Because his mother failed at raising a decent man.

• well... Oh I know just play a sad song... it make you feel better...