Did I screw up?

I broke up with my boyfriend seven months ago after he got really distant and hadn't made any plans to get together in three weeks. But he never actually told me he wanted to break up with me. I ended up breaking up with him because I felt that's what he wanted, but he never actually said he was breaking up with me. He also didn't fight for me not to break up with him.

What does this all mean to you?

34

Most Helpful Guy

• That is exactly what happened with me except I was the one who did the dumping. In all honesty though, the girl I had a crush on since the 3rd grade was a possible new girlfriend and I wasn't going to cheat on my current girlfriend. However, it did seem that my current girlfriend just didn't really want to be with me, so, with the possibility of this other girl, I dumped. I felt bad and, while I did later make-out with that other girl, it was a one-time thing. I always regretted dumping my girlfriend a bit. We are still friends 29 years later though.

Most Helpful Girl

• You guys obviously have poor communication, no good, gotta try and talk to him if you wanna try

What Guys Said 3

• Where is the question of you screwing up? I didn't actually understand your post. Okay you broke up with him first but then you expected him to say it in words that he also wants to break up with you, well maybe he is not a verbal type of guy, so what happens if he doesn't tell you by words, you can understand by his actions.

• Looks like he wasn't really into you, but dated you just to see if it would work. And he made you break up with him because he probably didn't want the guilt of breaking up with you himself. Not saying what he did was right, but it looks to be this way.

• Face your demon.

What Girls Said 2

• If he start ignoring you that meant he didn't really care for you and besides is he trying to get you back if he not trying to get you back that probably means that he was happy you dump him.

• No, I truly believe everything happens for a reason. You must have had some reason for leaving this guy, don't second guess. The fact that he didn't even try to figure out what happened just proves you made a smart move