Does an age difference of a year really matter?

I broke up with my girlfriend 2 months ago and the reason she says is that she is not ready to have a relationship with a guy who is one year younger than her so does an age difference of a year really matters

84

Most Helpful Girl

• I dont think it does if only my crush thought the same thing

Most Helpful Guy

• A lot of girls only want to date older guys, because they might think guys their own age are too immature for them, they might like the stability and financial security you get with an older guy, and a lot of times in my experience there are daddy issues involved. Anyway most girls who are comfortable with themselves shouldn't have a problem with dating a guy who is only a year younger.

What Girls Said 7

• That's pretty much the same age in all reality.
    But generally speaking some girls may feel it's awkward even though it shouldn't be because they're used to dating older or the exact same age.

• To her it does... and personally I would fall into this category, but I have a moral loli complex I like older guys who look way younger then what they are.

• It really depends on how old the people in the relationship are. If you're teenagers then a year either way CAN make a big difference. But if you're in your twenties or older it kinda just sounds like a cop-out excuse.

• Depends on your age. If you're in school and she's in college then yeah it makes a big difference. If you're 24 and she's 25 then it makes no difference at all.
    My guy is 8 years younger than me and we startd dating when he was 24. Age doesn't mean much.

• growing up one year is a big difference because of mentality differences. but once you're an adult, one year difference is nothing.

• Yeah it matters when you are underaged or if her prefences are for guys her age or older.

• age doesn't matter to me at all.

What Guys Said 3

• In my opinion it isn't the physical age that matters its the mental age. Like some people are more or less mature than the average peraon at their age. But generally i think 3-4 years in either direction is the socially acceptable limit

• One year is not an age difference, unless one of you is under 18.

• Everybody has different preferences, I prefer to have girls be my age.