How can someone after a break up change so quick?

I was with my ex for 3 years and we broke it off 3 months ago for good. Even though we still kept in contact and have had our moment of sleeping together the way she has treated me I never thought she would. She shows me no respect anymore has lie to me a lot and is now doing drugs she is also dating a guy who she barley knows who has also cheated on her and she has cheated on him And she doesn't see that as wrong at all. The girl she is today wasn't the girl I dated for 3 years and as much as I have tried to be there for her and care for her she doesn't give a shit about me and I don't understand why. How has she changed into this person that even she use to hate and why does she have no respect for me anymore when all I have done through all her lies and betrayals have is still show her I care for her she also told me today to leave her alone and let her make her own mistakes but the drugs are now effecting her and she thinks she could have some kind of depression like what is happening to her and why can't she see what she's doing to herself is ruining her life? When she was with me she was good didn't do any of this kind of stuff what has happened to her in 3 months?

22

Most Helpful Girl

• It sounds like it has nothing to do with you or anybody else. It sounds like she is having her own battles with herself. She is definitely presenting symptoms of a person with depression or another mental battle. Don't take it personal, let her be, hopefully she will reach out for help.

Most Helpful Guy

• That is how it is, you only really know somebody when you break up with them.

What Girls Said 1

• She's broken and taking it out on herself. That's what some people do when they can't handle getting hurt so much. They numb themselves. Everyone has their own way of dealing with something. I shut everyone out, she hurts herself

• But she ended it with me and all i have done is still be there for her why doesn't she want me to help her is she over me?

• Honestly sounds like she has issues. Maybe she something happened to her so she turned back to doing things that hurt and gave up the best thing she ever had, maybe she didn't wonna hurt you more than she already has, maybe she want to see you happy and by doing that, she's pushing you away. It could be anything. You know her more than us. She messed up by cheating on you and maybe she wants to punish herself

What Guys Said 1

• Why do you care? It sounds like a blessing in disguise; you avoided that train wreck. Ultimately, it's her problem. Stop talking to her and move on.