What are some effective techniques to deal with a broken heart?

Please help me.

69

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, time is your greatest ally, I believe. Alas, counting the days while getting over a broken heart can seem like watching glaciers race each other.

So you try to immerse yourself in things that you need to do (work or school) and things that you like to do (hobbies, going out, etc.). Focus as much as you can on these things. Hang out with friends, by the way. I have found they are in invaluable resource in getting over broken hearts and taking our minds off things which hurt us.

And I'm sorry that you're not in good spirits, and I'm happy to try to help you.

Most Helpful Girl

• You gotta wait it out and go through all the phases. Feel the pain, anger, bargaining, depression, etc. Just get through it. Time WILL heal your heart. You just have to let the time pass. Focus your mind on that future date when this pain won't be so deep and profound. It will come.

• It's just overwhelming because I'm feeling all of those things at once and in such a rapid cycle.

But thank you.

• Try some meditating. Get a massage. Go for a hike. See a movie (not a romance). Do anything that'll distract you from your emotions.

What Guys Said 8

• First time my heart truly broke, I made a recording where I talked through the agony and grief, and articulated what I was feeling, and basically cried it out. Took about an hour. That REALLY helped, I can say in retrospect--both making the recording, and processing those thoughts and feelings by listening to it afterward.

Honestly that's the only thing that really helped me.

• Thank you, I'll try it

• few good nights out with friends. Its still hard to do but essential, and regardless of what you think, go with it, but flirt, its a massive healer for breaks. don't get drunk, because this will just depress you, and remember, none if it was within your power to avoid, and better have it done now than waste years of your life just to do it 10 years later down the line, x

• Seriously it will just take time. Make sure you have a friend you can vent about it too even if you realize you're being unreasonable at times. Like when I had a broken heart I knew I was acting and feeling a little crazy but I still had friends around me that would help me out. Besides that the best medicine is to just live your life. Seriously dive into your hobbies and your job or whatever it is that makes you happy. Don't ignore or internalize your feelings but don't isolate yourself and wallow in them either. Like everything in life it takes balance. I promise you that after a while you will wake up without that burden on your shoulders anymore. You'll feel light as air again.

• Ok, there is this link, hope it helps you.

www.pbs.org/.../12-ways-mend-broken-heart

• Time, it may not feel possible. Try not to think of him with resentment or anything else that will keep him on your mind. If he asks you out again, don't be eager to accept. Don't offer to change anything if he changes his mind. Doesn't mean that you needn't change some behavior, we all do things habitually that we regret. Don't try to avoid him. In fact, wish jim well. Those actions are all counter-intuitive to the way you currently feel but are the healthiest.

• Time
    Hot Chocolate
    Chamomile
    Reading practically any of my My_takes
    Understanding that you should not put your ex on a pedestal
    Life goes on.

• Ok ๐Ÿ‘Œ
    Let me ask you out :
    Are you interested in going KFC with me ( cause I love chicken ๐Ÿ—) ๐Ÿ˜ถ?

• I'm a vegetarian ha.

• ๐Ÿ’” ouch !
      WoW what an insult๐Ÿ˜ถ
      We can go to McDonalds also?

• Mend my heart I will mend yours ๐Ÿ˜˜

What Girls Said 5

• time. that is the only thing. Just stay away from the reminders and sad music and concentrate on getting through your day. If that is too tough, get through to lunch. then to dinner, then have an early night or hit the gym to distract yourself...

just keep on going... x

• Surround yourself with people you love. Spend time with your family, your favorite pet, or your best friends. While it is natural to want to be alone for days on end after a break up, you should spend time with people who love you.

Not only will they make you feel loved, they will also distract you from the pain youโ€™re feeling.

Good luck.

• Totally focus on improving yourself in ALL ways.

• Eat ice cream and chocolate.

• Cry. Listen to music. Walk in the rain. Write a very deep letter clearing the air expressing yourself 100%. Don't talk to the person who broke your heart- move on and talk to your friends/family make new memories and do something fun.

• I've already told my ex that I'll never talk to him again and he didn't care. It's making it worse. I don't understand how someone that claimed to care about me so deeply can just walk away like that.

I've been crying non-stop for days now. But i think it might be helping, I'm not really sure yet. It's too soon to tell.

• That's terrible. I'm so sorry hunny, what a prick. It may hurt like hell right now, but you will look back on this moment in a few months and you will be so much stronger. I have been through something similiar with my crush literally just dropping me from their life and I cried myself to sleep for a couple of nights. For no rhyme or reason either, I was a good friend and girl to him. I did everything for him. But he just dropped me and it hurt like hell. My heart literally felt like it was on fire so I'm sorry. Just try not to give him the pleasure of making you cry. You don't deserve that.