Why would an ex from a nasty breakup try to be friends on Facebook?

We broke up two years ago when I caught him cheating. We haven't talked since that day. Now he already has me on Instagram & over the past few years has occasionally like my pics. Me & my current boyfriend have just celebrated our year anniversary (just so happens to be my ex's bday) & now all of a sudden my ex is trying to add me on Facebook. I just don't understand why? We had a huge fight & its known we didn't end on any good note.

34

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't accept it, its just him trying to be a part of your life no matter how small, and by not accepting, your sending a message that you don't need him in your life now, which is showing respect for your current fella whether he knows it or not, x

Most Helpful Girl

• most people forget the bad stuff and feel they spent enough time with you to still be friends :(

What Guys Said 3

• he felt jealous and that you're special and how much he was an idiot to let you go, he want you to feel that he's around you and he's sorry and if you need help or someone to talk to. he want to be just a friend. but the question is (are you ready to take the risk again and communicate with him?

• Maybe he is trying to be an adult about the breakup and just wants to be in your life even if it's just as a friend

• Is he dying?

What Girls Said 2

• Because he's hoping you're not pissed anymore and he can be friendly to either a) sleep with you, or, b) get back together.
    There's also the possibility that he's just being nosy

• he might want to fuck.