My ex is confusing me with the way he's acting, what is it he wants?

So basically I'm sleeping with my ex, and a few months ago when it happened the first time he said it was just sex and nothing else. However with a three month relationship in between then and now, I'm now sleeping with him again, but he's acting cute. He's holding my hand and being affectionate in front of his friends and family but when questioned says I'm just a good friend. I know he's been hurt by girls before and is scared to get into a relationship and he ended us because of the age gap. Is it possible I'm misreading or does he want me back?

We also went out last night to watch a movie, which we haven't done since we were dating. Again, was being cute but this time it was different.. on the way home he kept kinda stammering and he almost seemed nervous?

86

Most Helpful Guy

• He's playing with your feelings (and body meanwhile) until someone else comes along. He's acting cute to persuade you into sex, while maybe feeling a bit sentimental about your past. Don't misread this, he's using you. If you want, use him as well but be careful.

Most Helpful Girl

• There's 3 options.
    1) You guys did date before... he may still have lingering feelings but is unsure.
    2) It could also be that he misses you and wants you back
    3) Wants you to be his youknowwhat buddy.-.

What Guys Said 5

• listen you are 17, and this guy, im sorry to bring it to you, is pathetic. he is 8 years older then you, you are under aged , and he is just stringing you along. why? because he can. you are young, women of his age dont let themselves get messed around with like that. it's always a BIG RED FLAG when someone won't tell their friends or family that you are together as in a relationship. he is just using you and if you love yourself, you remove him out of your life. he couldnt find another girl, so he came back to you, and in all your youthfully inexperience you took it as a sign of him wanting you back. dont come by as easy, find yourself a somewhat younger guy who wants you for who you are, and not for what you look like when you are naked. god what a douchebag, if he did that to my sister if i had one, i would beat him up.

• whats the age gap?
    and if he's acting that way and is not willing to put the label of a relationship again maybe he's just thinking it through,... but that only would be valid if he was the dumpee and not the dumper, because as a dumpee going back to an ex that dumped the shit out of you you will have some trust issues at first, because you dont want to get hurt

• 8 years, and yeah he broke it off not me.

• well, maybe he wants you back, I don't know... wait a little longer to see what other signs he gives you

• No he just wants pussy with no commitment

• Sounds like he is enjoying the hood pets of a relationship without actually having to be in a relationship

• I'm confused, too.

What Girls Said 7

• I m a girl and I completely agree with what the guys said here. He is just using you for his needs. Don't let him do this to you. Have respect for yourself. Cut him off since he doesn't commit to a relationship with you and find yourself someone who will. Guys are not stupid and when they want a girl they let her know exactly. This guy wants only the benefits from you without giving nothing in return. Be smart and don't wait to be hurt again.

• You've entered into a friends with benefits. A lot of people forget the "friends" part and think their partner is acting out of feelings of more than friendship. It still is what it is, though, until it is agreed that it is more.

• He did say it was just for the sex in the beginning, so it seems like that's all he wants from you. If you feel like it may be more, I would talk to him about what he's feeling before you get hurt in the long run.

• True but then I don't know I just don't understand how if that's still the case why he's treating me like that, especially in front of his friends and family.

• He's confused on what he really wants. I think he likes the idea of you and him together but he still isn't ready for a relationship. He shouldn't be acting like that in front of friends and family, especially when he said he doesn't want a relationship. It seems like he's playing with your head.

• What... You mean you're letting him sleep with you yet he says he wants no commitment?
    Who's ever heard of a guy doing that?

Errr wake up lady, he says he wants no commitment and he means it.
    Stop having sex with the guy!

• He's enjoying all the best parts of a relationship without actually having to have one.

• dump him and move on, find someone who really loves you for who you are. he is taking advantage of you!

• You know what.. Guys are weird. they just are. Don't read much into it. Try taking control in the relationship (or, whatever :/ ).