How do you accept that an ex, who was once deeply in love with you, now feels nothing?

How do you cope with that? How do you let go?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• You just go on, one day at a time. There is nothing anyone can say, or anything that you can do that will help you let it go. Only time will do that. You will have to spend a lonely season in Hell, but it will pass eventually. You'll come out on the other side of things different than you were before, too. Stronger and wiser, but hopefully not bitter or with a darkened worldview. I wish there were some effective words of wisdom I could give but it just doesn't work that way. I hope you feel better soon, though.

Most Helpful Girl

• I surrounded myself with family, good friends and met new ones. I did what I needed to do and focused on myself. I tried out new hobbies. Traveled to different places. I rediscovered who I truly am as a person. Its pretty tough to move on, you'll have good days and bad days, but you need to believe you will find someone else whos better than your ex. It may take some time to find the right guy, but dont be discouraged. Keep on doing you and eventually you will run into him when you least expect it.

What Guys Said 3

• ... goodbye to you, and there will always be someone coming after them.

• what else can you really do but expect it

• Just give it time. It could be a while if you were madly in love. You could immerse yourself in extracurricular activities and your career if you're feeling up for it, then start dating again when you're ready. You got this!

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!