He left me for another woman, how do I feel good about myself again?

I've been dating this guy for a year and a half. I knew him from high school, but since then he had moved across country. We rekindled our friendship and I fell in love with him. He randomly disappeared on me one day and it wasn't until months later that I heard back from him. When he left I was devastated, and when he came back I was happy but wondered why he disappeared. He told me that it had to do with family matters and that he was sorry for leaving. We continued talking as if nothing had happened. During the next few months, I fell for him even more. He was the first man to accept me, for I had recently become paralyzed. He made me feel loved and so beautiful. On my birthday, we decided to enter a long distance relationship. We have been dating for over a year and I thought things were going great. He even told me that he was moving back to my city; then last night he dropped a bomb shell on me. He told me that he was moving back here, but that he met and fell in love with another girl online and that he was moving here for her. He then told me that I'm just not his type and that I seem like too much work with my wheelchair and all. Then he suggested that we be friends, but that I could never be his best friend or as close to him as the woman he is leaving me for. I feel absolutely miserable. I feel so stupid, and naive for loving him. Even worse I feel so badly about myself and feel like no guy could ever love me because of my wheelchair. I don't know how I will ever get my confidence back. What should I do?

32

Most Helpful Guy

• dear
    sorry for what a happened to you, but when some people leave from your life It doesn’t mean you aren’t good enough; it just means someone else failed to notice that you're special and their chapter is over in your life. don't feel mad or anger form yourself, just forgive yourself. tell yourself that you tried everything, and it didn’t work out, but it’s okay, it will get better.

a break up is hard and finding yourself after a break up is harder still. but getting up stronger is something you owe yourself.
    take time that you need. In fact, this is the perfect time to do something different and focus on you, just you. Dedicate this mini-break to yourself and give in to a whole lot of self-pampering. nothing spells relaxation like pampering

dear
    let that pain move you forward and God guide your way because everything is temporary.

(wheelchair is Just an idea in your mind that 'll prevent your progress to get what you want in your life)
    Don't make excuses or feel weak, you've earned a second chance.

Good luck =)

Most Helpful Girl

• This guy didn't see you for you which is unfortunate because you are a great person. Be glad that you dodged a bullet. Go work on yourself and continue showing the best of you. Despite being in a wheelchair, a guy will surely see you for who you are and wil not mind taking care of you.

What Guys Said 1

• Whoever this dude is, someone needs to go and cut his balls off.
    Seriously love, thank the universe that it got rid of this douche before he made a joke out of your life. As for how to move forward well it's gonna take some time and the best way would be to make friends online

What Girls Said 2

• I think you should take some time to focus on yourself. Let yourself be heartbroken for however long it takes. Treat yourself to ice cream, get a little exercise, breathe life in, bury yourself in a new project. Just focus on spending time on yourself.
    Life gets lonely sometimes, and a lot of the time, the only person you can count on to always be there is yourself. I hope you get to the point where you feel like you can take on the world.

• One of the most amazing men I have ever had the honor to meet (ps he was good looking too) has a wife who he met through a friend. And she had a certain degenerative disorder that made her bound to a wheel chair at a very young age. Good men are out there. Trust me. You are not defined by your wheelchair. This guy is a jerk. Just be glad for what you had and live and move on.