Can a baby save a rocky relationship?

Will the man never leave if his girlfriend is pregnant and they are living together?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• No. Not only is that just a really horrible statement but an insanely bad idea. Nobody should ever stay together "for the sake of the children". Kids know a lot more then you think. Sure a baby won't get it, but the horrible home situation will impact the child. All a child will do it exaggerate the problems that are already there. Maybe for a very short time it pretends to fix things while one or both people pretend. But someone is going to feel bullied and forced into a situation they never wanted to be in on top of all the issues that are already there. It is a horrible thing to do to a child.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Definitely not! If anything it will increase the odds of him leaving because a baby is a HUGE commitment.

Baby's are not a way to save a relationship. They are people who have emotions too. If your relationship is rocky now, just wait til you have a kid with this guy. How are you guys going to parent if you two are fighting all the time?

in my opinion if things aren't working out then it's better to leave than stay and try to force yourselves to be a family together.

Men leave their pregnant gf's all the time. I know so many girls who haven't seen their baby-daddies in a long time and probably never will. Not saying all guys do this, but it's not a good idea to put a child through this.

0|0
    0|0

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 31

• Bender has the perfect response to this question:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FopyRHHlt3M

9|11
    1|0
  • If having a baby was a magic fix to save a rocky relationship, there wouldn't be so many young single parents.

8|5
    0|0
  • Jesus women are fucked up.

No a baby will not save your relationship, and trapping a guy with a baby is absolutely despicable.

3|6
    0|0
  • NO.

No, no, no, no, no.

Do NOT bring a kid into this world in the hopes of anchoring a shaky relationship. No kid deserves to grow up under such circumstances.

5|6
    0|0
  • Four things everyone needs hammering into their heads:

Manipulation is never the right answer.
    It's not rude to say 'no', and 'no' should be respected.
    Babies make things worse, not better. And if you use them as a tool for manipulation you are the worst sort of human being.
    All life should be respected, but that doesn't mean that all life is equal.

Half of these may apply in this case.

2|2
    0|0
  • hahaa.

oh man.

hahaa 😂😂

*my reaction should be a dead giveaway*

3|2
    0|0
  • You cannot possibly entertain this as a serious possibility for saving a bad relationship!

2|1
    0|0
  • if he's thinking about leaving, then this will most likely just be the push he needs. And believe me, he will likely do ANYTHING to not be found.

It's like asking if throwing gasoline on a smoking fire will put it out. It'll just make things explode, violantly.

0|0
    0|0
  • Mh, I know a case in my former neighborhood where a 19 year old girl got pregnant from her 26 year old boyfriend - her family didn't like him as far as I know, He'd gotten kicked out from home and had nowhere else to go, so he moved in to her family and is living with them now.

Seemingly yes, a baby can save a rocky relationship

0|0
    1|0
  • NEVER EVER GO THERE. IT WON'T!!

That is not how children shuld be borne. I have seen people do this and it always failed. Or they separate anyway so the child will grow up with only one of the parents. Or they stay together and the relationship becomes abusive in which the child will suffer.

Whatever the situation the child will suffer. DON'T GO THERE

0|0
    0|0
  • No, the relationship will be just as rocky and the child would grow up in a dysfunctional environment

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it will give a person a little more incentive to stay, but it won't guarentee saving a relationship.

1|0
    0|0
  • That's the worst idea EVER. Don't do it. If it doesn't come easily, it isn't meant to be. That sucks, but moving on is better than spending the rest of your life taking care of a kid you had for all the wrong reasons. Think about the kid.

0|1
    0|0
  • The question is for you. Would you want to live under a curse? Where you live together only because you had to, and the friction of the situation makes you both hate eachother over it being trapped in a cage of your own makings?

It won't be like saving a relationship its more like putting a set of cuffs between you.
    So relationship wise not at all other things maybe but i would define it as evil and manipulative

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Not at all. Don't even think it. It's the WORST thing you can possibly do.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. And getting pregnant on purpose to try to keep him will force him to leave even faster.

Fix the problem, don't complicate it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Is this a joke, yes he will still leave, and its not fair on the baby to be born into a broken/failed relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's the worse decision you can ever make. Please don't even think about it. If things don't work What you have to do its move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • Short answer: no

Long answer: yes, but only for a little while. He's going to be miserable until he leaves you, the kid will only work as a buffer for so long. You could argue it just makes it worse.

0|0
    0|0
  • Can do. Can also break it. Kind of like making a video game reboot.

0|0
    0|0
  • yeap! its gonna make your life a paradise (sarcasm)

0|0
    0|0
  • An "I'm pregnant!" tests even a solid relationship. A rocky one? Get ready to be a single mom...

0|0
    0|0
  • It's only gonna make it worse.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope, nope, nope. Bad idea everyday

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe in the past. Not these days.

0|0
    0|0
  • No it can't, Baby will grow without a father...

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, it's totally possible. However, be very sure before bringing a baby into this world.

0|0
    0|1
  • Jesus christ no. I'd hate girl more than anything in the world if she purposefully got pregnant to make me stay. One I wouldn't stay I'd just go to court telling them how unsuitable a parent you'd be and then leave you and I'd take the kid with me. Nothing could make me hate the woman more and I wouldn't bat an eyelash if something terrible happened to her.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the man, they're all made differently!

0|0
    0|0
  • LMFAO!!!

Nope, just makes the situation worse.

Holy fucking shit, how did you reach your age and not figure this out lol?

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 32

• What? No. Having a baby doesn't magically fix relationship problems. In fact, having a baby may cause all new issues to arise in the relationship if two people don't have a strong relationship to begin with. It's incredibly naive to think that having a baby is the way to keep a man...

4|3
    0|0
  • A baby is just about the worst thing to have when your relationship is rocky. A baby will most likely only make things worse and he will feel trapped. Plus it's not fair to the baby to get it in the hopes that it will magically solve everything. The man can and will leave if he doesn't want to stay, baby or no baby.

1|2
    0|0
  • No the man will probably leave, whatever the circumstances if things are that bad. If it's not working, it's not working, why involve an innocent life in to an already hopeless situation. That is a selfish thought, a baby should be concieved to be loved and welcome, not as a hopeful quick fix.

There is no logical sense in saying a baby will bring two people together, having a baby pushes you to every limit and even married couples find it hard to cope communicating and making time for eachother with a newborn in tow. If it's not working out, let it be, chances are if you decide to get pregnant in the hope of keeping your man, he'll get freaked out, feel trapped and leave you anyway and then congratulations, you have an unwanted baby to raise on your own.

Trust me, I have two children and I'm in a stable, long term realtionship with no issues but with both pregnancies and subsequent births, my relationship suffered and took a back seat, at least for six months.

0|0
    0|0
  • Do not attempt to use a child as a means to save your relationship. It only gets harder once the baby is born.

1|2
    0|0
  • the baby can unite them and obviously slow down or terminate a man's hastiness to leave. that is, if he truly cares about the baby's life. at he very least, if he does leave he should be offering financial support. the baby is just as much a consequence of his actions as the woman.

0|0
    0|0
  • No.

If the relationship is rocky, you need to look into why there are problems. A baby will tie to people together for life, but it won't make the problems go away. In some ways, it will make the relationship worse - being up at silly times, lack of sleep, crying, etc. It's a lot of commitment and a lot of pressure on two people. Your tempers and nerves will be elevated and it's likely the problems you are already having will get worse.

You need to speak about the problems before the baby arrives. It's not a magical fix, and you need to remember, that person will be involved in your life for the rest of your life because of the child.

0|0
    0|0
  • Or he waits until the baby is born and ditchesout. Then there's a baby in the equation, and hopefully the mom can provide for two.

Babies should never be used as devices to save a relationship. That's irresponsible, reckless, naive, and idiotic.

2|1
    0|0
  • No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. NoNo. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.

WORST mistake anyone could do.

0|0
    0|0
  • I hope this is a joke.

You should never use a baby to save a relationship and many strong relationships fail with the stress of a baby. Men regularly leave the woman they get pregnant and don't want anything to do with their own baby.

Bring a baby into the world when you're ready and when you actually want it, not as a tool. It's a human life fgs.

0|0
    0|0
  • Have you seen how many single moms there are...

I don't understand women who think a baby will fix a relationship. What a selfish thing to do, bringing a child into the world in an already bad relationship just because they don't want to be alone. If that is your mindset, then don't have children yet, it's not fair to them and you're not ready.

0|1
    0|0
  • This is the worst idea ever
    Babies never save relationships. They make things more complex

1|0
    0|0
  • As I am sure you can see from the other responses the answer is no.
    Never.
    Not in a Million Years.
    In fact it will probably just make it worse and then there will be this child in the world who gets to be raised in a shitty situation. Seriously Babies are never the answer. He will leave you and then you will have a child to care for, he may never even pay child support. Trust me its just a bad idea. If its not working now its just not meant to be.

0|0
    0|0
  • You should NEVER use a child for that Kind of purpose. I always think of mothers who had a baby for the sake of keeping a guy as weak ADS shit and definitely not fit to be a mother. Should they ever do give birth, i'm keeping a close eye and as soon as something goes even slightly wrong, i'm calling child protective services

0|0
    0|0
  • can't say for sure.. he should not sacrifice his whole life if he doesn't love the girl.. but if he does then yeah he would stay..

0|0
    0|0
  • it's an awful thing to use a child for your own sake... if someone is not with you for 'YOU', why would you want that person to stick around for any other reason? Do not use a baby... but if you are already pregnant, then yes it's best to try to keep the baby's father with the baby if it's possible... babies deserve good parents.

0|0
    0|0
  • Noooooooooooooooo

0|0
    0|0
  • That's the most pathetic thing a woman can do and it never works. Johnny Depp had 2 kids with his ex wife and he is married to a younger prettier woman who he has no kids with

1|0
    0|0
  • Don't get a baby if that's your only purpose, it will most likely not even work out.

1|2
    0|0
  • It can either save the relationship or fuck it up worse than it already is.
    Don't be trying to get pregnant just because you have a shit relationship, most likely the guy won't stay.

0|0
    0|0
  • no just no!!! its definitely not a good idea

0|0
    0|0
  • A baby should be created with love, not to engage someone

0|0
    0|0
  • If people don't want to stay with you, they won't. There's nothing that will hold them back or nothing that will change the situation. You'll just be making it worse. Sometimes, we all need to learn to let go. Everything happens for a reason

0|0
    0|0
  • No
    No
    No
    No
    No
    No
    No
    No
    No
    No
    Dumbest idea ever
    No
    No
    No
    Noooooooooooooo!

1|0
    0|0
  • No. Please do not use baby for your profit. It is not an object.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, it will just make it worse.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, the baby will just make the relationship even harder.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, if your relationship isn't good, getting pregnant certainly won't help!

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it would be super selfish to bring a baby into this world just to save a relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • No but it sure can ruin one...

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls
Loading... ;