Men never leave their partners when their babies are young or unborn do they?

Beware... This is really selfish...

I've been in love from afar with this guy for like 3 years... It sucks so bad cos he has a girlfriend... He lives with her... And now she is pregnant... They are in their late 20s and have been together for 8 years... I know they have fought and that he thought the spark had gone...

i I could have sworn he felt the same way about me that I do about him... I always catch him looking at me... And he gets nervous... We barely talk... He has no idea how I feel about him...

i am am so depressed cos now that there is a baby he will never leave her will he?

Im hurting so much... I need to move on don't i?

but what if the baby was all her idea? And now he is wanting out... What if he does like me?

but when the baby is born I won't matter will i? He will be so in love and won't want to be away from it

19

Most Helpful Guy

• You don't matter to him, baby or not. If you did, you wouldn't "barely talk." When people matter to you, you take the time to show interest in them. And he probably gets nervous because you're creeping him out. If he read this and knew it was about him, he would probably avoid you completely. You don't know him, so you don't love him, you're just obsessed with him. You need to move on and get some help with your depression and obsession.

Most Helpful Girl

• False. Having a kid doesn't necessarily mean the male will stay. Some still do leave. You, however, I think need to leave that couple alone and let them sort of their problems. Their relationship problems are their own, let them decide whether they want to stay together or split up. Afterall, even though it's not a guarantee he will try to make things work, it doesn't mean they can't. Maybe they can make it work. It's still none of your business.

What Guys Said 8

• A baby will not bring a couple together

• This sounds like a lose-lose situation. I'd say, don't get your hopes up, and keep your options open. If you remain friends, or at least acquaintances, and things go south in his relationship and he ends it, he's fair game. But let him be the one to decide. Don't insert yourself into any decision to end his relationship, and certainly not to abandon his child.

• He could still leave; he would have to pay child support.

• Don't be selfish, think about the poor baby, how would he/ she grow up without a dad. There are plenty of other men out there. I know its hard but its totally possible to get over someone. I have been there. I know how it feels.

• Yes they do but if they do they are not the sort of man a woman should want.

• In UK some guys do

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!