Getting my ex back?

I broke the with my ex at the end of June. I ended it as I wasn't ready for a relationship. I was in a bad relationship previously which ended last November and I met her shortly after my break up. Although nothing happened until February of this year. The bad ex was still contacting me although I never replied.

I knew that I wasn't ready and was confused about a lot of things so I ended it out of the blue. I gave her a lame reason for doing it. I hurt her really badly because she was really happy with me and thought things were going great.

I had some time to myself to get my head sorted out and improve myself. She never contacted me during this time. She deleted me from her facebook but she added me back on when I sent her a request about 6 weeks ago. She didn't delete me from her twitter or Snapchat though! I use Snapchat a lot and put up Snapchat stories which she did follow whilst we weren't contacting each other. She put up stories herself, which she never done ever before. Which I thought unusual. About 4 weeks ago I started to contact her by text. Leaving it a few days or a week between messages she does reply but never initiates contact to me. Her replies have been like her guard is up. I don't blame her for doing that at all! I haven't brought up the relationship and how it ended. I did say it would be good if we be friends. I do want her back but I know that it's going to be hard work and a slow process.

Do you think I have a chance with this girl?

52

Most Helpful Girl

• If you really want her back you should be honest about it and let her know. You should also truly apologize for the hurt you put her trough and after that respect whatever decision she'll take. But try to get her back only if you are 100% sure you want to commit and work hard on the relationship. Otherwise it would be selfish of you to put her through more pain. I think she still has feelings for you since she hasn't completely cut you off already.

• I'm so sure about it. I've never been so sure about something in my life. It wasn't fair to have her around when I was going through my issues. I wanted her to have me at my best!! I wasn't ready for a relationship as I was in an abusive relationship previously. I had those issues to deal with.

• Then put all your courage together and talk to her. I wish you good luck ☺

• Thank you! !! We have been texting each other. More me initiating it. I don't want to rush into it with her. Hopefully build up a rapport the her 1st and see how it goes

What Girls Said 4

• Have you tried apologizing and be honest with her? Because, it's that easy. I wish you guys knew and understood that

• I've apologised for it. I have been honest with her! I was very confused about a lot of things that I didn't see it fair having her about whilst I was going through this. I really like this girl. She told me she has falling for me after I broke it off. I really hurt her. I was falling for her as well but seen that she deserves me at my best not my worst!

• Wow. Well I'm not sure what to say. As being I'm kinda going through the same thing that you did to her. Feel free to private message me. I'd like to pick your brain and tell you what I think

• I think a lot depends on how you broke up with her. That was her last interaction with you in person and it probably is her most vivid memory of you. What was the lame reason you gave her? And how did you go about break up?

• You need to stop playing games. When contacting her e direct. My boyfriend split with me I contact maybe 3weeks after but then stopped txtin he wasn't interested. i appeared to be annoying him. He then text me 3 weeks later reminding me what he wanted and what he didn't. Pretty cruel text he sent saying hel always love me etc doesn't hate me if I reply he was txtin back so know what I didn't. A week later I get a text saying I'm sad everyday. But know what I laughed when I got it. How dare he text me that after txting wk before giving it he wldnt Tb or didn't want to talk to me. I didn't reply 2days after that he unblocks me from facebook. I text and jus say I'm sorry ur sad. He says it's ok hope ur well take care!!! Me confused. He then tells me he's misses me I don't reply then I get a big long text asking if we could start again. I was extremely hurt durin the full break up because of his cold behaviour towards me. But I don't play games I knew I wanted him. Now I've moved back in and we are very happy. U need to just ask her straight out. Don't play games it hurts people. If he hadn't text me again I wouldn't be here today as I was never going to give him the ego rub he needed first xx

• I haven't been playing games. I was a proper mess in my head. I didn't see it fair having her about whilst I was.

• Just text her tell her how u feel

• Maybe, I'd say start contacting more. A lot depends if she's seeing anyone else, and the extent of the damage you caused

• I don't know if she is seeing anyone else! She is replying to me but doesn't really seem she is interested in me. She doesn't ask about me. How I'm doing etc. She would also say if she was seeing someone else. She would take about an hr or so replying back.

• Like u said u hurt her, she could be fearful of getting into that situation again. Maybe she feels u just want to be friends

What Guys Said 2

• Since you dumped her, you can contact her and say that you were an ass to end it with her and regret it. Suggest that you guys could meet up to talk.

If she says no, you say "OK well let me know if you change your mind"

If she says yes, you can have the date and make it all up to her.

• I had my reasons and I don't regret it. I do regret the lame excuse though as I was trying to ease her pain I think.

• You're going to have to apologize a lot, and be prepared for her to say no, but go for it