Why is my ex suddenly texting me just to tell me about his new girlfriend (Guys I need your help in this one)?

My boyfriend and I broke up in late July, deciding to just stay friends. I always thought of us as good friends even after the breakup (I never thought of him as an ex boyfriend), but about 3 1/2 weeks ago he told me that he thinks of me as his ex girlfriend. We haven't spoken since until this morning when he texted me, telling me all about his new girlfriend (apparently she's Croatian) - complete with pictures. I didn't make a big deal of it over text, but I cannot tell you how annoyed I was. I'm going to have to see him this weekend at a tennis tournament anyway, but why is he doing this? Why is he suddenly texting me out of nowhere about his new girlfriend after weeks of silence? Could y'all help give me some perspective please?

But why would he want to make me jealous?

35

Most Helpful Guy

• There's three possibilities from my point of view: 1. He's trying to make you jealous 2. He genuinely wants to appreciate his new girlfriend with his best friend or 3. He's testing you to see if you wanted to actually be friends or whether you still have feelings for him. I think number 1 is most likely. 2 if he's oblivious. 3 if he's sly.

What Guys Said 4

• Exactly what Marttinez said. He's trying to stir you up and get you jealous because he still likes you and probably still has deep feelings for you. Actually that would be very likely because some couples break up and never talk again, but y'all have stayed friends that whole time and most guys don't want to stay friends with a girl unless they have interests in them.

• He is what I call an annoying hornet. He will pester you and get all up in your business. If you run away screaming, you'll get rid of him, but people will look at you weird for it. If you respond to him, he will only get more angry and annoying. If you just ignore him, he'll realize you aren't the flower he wants, and he'll buzz off.

• He wants you to be jealous to see if you still have feelings for him.

• To make you feel bad. Sounds like you hurted him?

What Girls Said 3

• I think it's quite obvious that he's trying to make you jealous by telling you all about her. It's good that you didn't make big deal of it because that probably makes him more crazy that you didn't act jealous.

• I think he's texting you too see if you still care. or too get you jealous

• He's stupid don't talk to him anymore.