Why is my ex trying to speak to my friends now?

We broke up about 6 months ago and we go to the same uni.
Basically he strung me along in the summer asking for a break but ultimately i broke up with him and he accepted without a fight.
I cut contact with him and pass him almost everyday in the street as we live literally four doors down without a word.
However, he is now resulting to trying to introduce himself as '*my names* ex* to my housemates when during the time we were actually a couple; he made no effort whatsoever with my friends&was rather quiet about our relationship.
He apparently calls them over and has introduced himself (they didn't even know who he was), keeps asking how I am and mentions me over and over again to them. To the point where one of my housemates actually avoids him when he sees him. He has done it as recent as two days ago and has also text me 'Hey' about 3am this week as well. :/
Why is he doing this? I'm starting to get irritated by him all over again.

11

What Guys Said 1

• he have a feelings for you and that's why he trying to get your attention by getting closer from your friends (it's like getting a recommendation from your friends to show you that he's still care and have feelings for you)
    =)

What Girls Said 1

• Seems as if he's trying to get closer with you by trying to get to know your friends and the fact that he messaged you saying "Hey" really makes me think that. Maybe he still has feelings for you.