What does my ex want?

My ex called to check on me and see how I was doing, because he still cares and wanted to make sure I was ok, and told me it's ok to call him once in a while but don't think we're getting back together. He took the time to call me! What is his angle?

We're both in our 30s, it's not like we're dealing with high school BS (not meaning any offense to any high schoolers!) :) I'm so confused.

42

Most Helpful Guy

• This is an instinctive act for him to perform - especially if he is single and even moreso if he has been with no one since you. Unless the breakup was totally hostile (and even if it was in some cases), a man will always care a bit for every woman he was ever with. This is part of our core evolutionary programming.

What Guys Said 1

• He is stroking his ego by being in control and possibly, in his mind, jerking you around emotionally.

What Girls Said 4

• No ne4ed to be 'Confused,' it happens in the Best from the Rest of Couples who are Not together anymore.
    Just because two people Breakup doesn't mean they can't and don't Makeup and that it's Goodbye, my love forever. And with an "EX" who still Marks an in his own softie spot, there may be motive in mind at that time when He... Still cares and wanted to make sure I was ok.
    He probably is Missing the Kissing and the His and Her History you both shared, and with 'Check on me,' he could be as well putting a helpful Hint in your own ear here, dear, that is around town and will be there for you if you need him to lean on.
    He could also be dropping these 'Hints' of rekindling something More in store. However, many times over, one or the other will just say they would prefer to take it slow with their flow, and have a friends with or without benefits relationship to Begin anew Beguine.
    Take all of this into consideration, and if need be, get on the same page with him so you know where you stand with this man.
    Good luck. xx

• He stil cares it s something you believe or he specifically said so? However if he is the dumper he might feel a bit of guilt and wants to know you are alright. But you shouldn't make false hopes he wants to get back togheter unless he specifically says so. You would spare yourself some precious time and hurt if you decide to move on. Specially because you both are on your 30 s you shouldn't waste your time obsessing over your ex but rather focus on how to make your life better. Because if he dumped you the message is he no longer wants to be in your life. Why would you care then about his actions?

• Some coochie.

• move on and never contact him again. you will find someone better!!