How long is too long?

My very serious 3 year relationship- was ended by my ex suddenly 6 months ago. No contact. Does 6 months mean its too late to get back together? Do guys ever break up for a long while knowing they want to get back one day? What's the longest you were ever broke up then got back?

22

Most Helpful Girl

• My opinion is that it's never too late to get back with someone you love, as long as: A) The love is still there for both of you, and B) You have figured out why the relationship ended.

In fact, in some situations, I think it's better if time has passed because, more than likely, you have both matured and grown as people. So by the time you cross paths again, as long as that spark is there, you have a better foundation to work with.

Since you haven't been in contact for 6 months, my suggestion is to send a quick text or e-mail saying hello, but keep it light. For example, you can say that something reminded you of him today, and ask how he's been. And then, see how he reacts.

What Guys Said 2

• Hmmmm very interesting question, I guess it depends on the individual and if you actually want to get back again someday in life. Its something hard to do, but its not like its impossible. I guess there's not really a time limit, because time itself would do the work itself.

• Same situation. My ex (a girl) dumped me 6 months ago after 3 years and we've had no contact. I miss her, haven't heard from her, and I'm beginning to think I'm never going to anymore.

What Girls Said 1

• I wonder the same thing. I'm going on just two months though.