Is it possible to get an emotionally unavailable man back, if so any tips?

25

Most Helpful Guy

• Why would you want to? All you will get is an unemotional partner that will have his way with you and not really be in the relationship!

Wait till he regains his emotion and then try, at least you know he will actually be in the relationship!

What Guys Said 4

• If he is emotionally unavailable, you never had him to begin with. If he is gone, count your blessings. Now you can seek the attention and affections of a man that can actually, you know, be there for you.

Just saying.

• You have a good point. I guess I just wonder why he was saying that he wanted a serious relationship. He also introduced me to some of his family and friends. I guess I am just trying to figure it all out.

• Why do you want to take this on? It'll have to end up being very hard. I suggest you just move on.

• This chase, it will most likely end in disappointment

• iT IS EXTREMELY HARD. I am one of those men. You should message me.

What Girls Said 2

• To be honest, probably not. In the future when he's got his shit together, maybe. But for now, I would just try being friends and helping him with what he's going through. I dated a guy and had to end it because I was at a bad place in my life and felt like I should try to piece myself back together before jumping into anything where I had to be cautious of someone else's emotions as well. He was very understanding, and even though it took me 2 years to finally be "okay", he stuck around and I've now been dating him for around 4 months. Along the way, he helped me work through some of my shit, and it made a big difference. If someone says they're emotionally unavailable, give them time. If you feel like you can't waste your time waiting on them, move on. The fact is, to be stable with someone else you have to have stability within yourself. It's important to be respectful of their needs, while also thinking about your own.

• Only if you know the reason why he's emotionally unavailable