Do you think failed relationships help you reach an awakening?

After breaking it off with my friends with benefits, I have looked deeper into myself. I think what it was was an addictive relationship. I ended up having a lot of grief when it ended. I think love can only happen if I am truly happy and present. I've never had a relationship before. I'm trying to figure things out... However, now this makes him even more special to me. I can't seem to stop liking him.

21

Most Helpful Guy

• Didn't I answer this already?

Most Helpful Girl

• I believe it depends on the situation. I know it did for me, I was heartbroken. I was hurt and depressed and even now, I cry over him sometimes. But I have come to the conclusion that if he didn't break my heart, if he didn't stop fighting for me, I wouldn't have opened my eyes to relationships. I used to think it was all butterflies, sweaty palms and constant thoughts about my SO. But that's not what it is, love is being comfortable, not needing to touch all the time. Its when they calm you and bring you happiness, in a sort of tranquil way. You can still be depressed and end up falling for someone. If you're depressed and in love, you have to realize they're not your cure. They have to realize, they're not your cure. I have realized you need to take chances, speak up. Don't stay silent and just wish for something. Take action. After failed relationships, I believe people become stronger. They may seem weak at the time, crying and hurt, but it is showing they were strong and will be later on in the future. It depends on the individual what heart break does to a person but I am doing... fine after mine. We will all be okay after ours.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 1

• Yeah, you're wiser the next time