The first broken heart is always the most painful?

Because I always though that later you become more resistant but I could be wrong.

38

Most Helpful Guy

• The first broken heart is usually the most intense, but not necessarily the most devastating. My first broken heart happened a few days before I turned 19. A lot was going on in my life at the time and my girlfriend was my anchor keeping me grounded. Well, I was her "goy toy" and, five years later, she told me she was fickle. Nonetheless, I was a train wreck and took it hard. I wouldn't be for another 31 months that I would finally get over her and get a new girlfriend a month later when she hit on me.

However, 10 years later, almost to the day, I was dumped by the girl that I wanted to marry and was deeply in love with. I never really recovered even though I am married to someone else now. Indeed, it's been almost 24 years and I only think this past few weeks do I finally summon the anger necessary to get over my broken heart.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE