The first broken heart is always the most painful?

Because I always though that later you become more resistant but I could be wrong.

38

Most Helpful Guy

• The first broken heart is usually the most intense, but not necessarily the most devastating. My first broken heart happened a few days before I turned 19. A lot was going on in my life at the time and my girlfriend was my anchor keeping me grounded. Well, I was her "goy toy" and, five years later, she told me she was fickle. Nonetheless, I was a train wreck and took it hard. I wouldn't be for another 31 months that I would finally get over her and get a new girlfriend a month later when she hit on me.

However, 10 years later, almost to the day, I was dumped by the girl that I wanted to marry and was deeply in love with. I never really recovered even though I am married to someone else now. Indeed, it's been almost 24 years and I only think this past few weeks do I finally summon the anger necessary to get over my broken heart.

What Guys Said 7

• Generally, the first hurts the most because it happens when you are young, you are very idealistic and na├»ve, you have tremendous expectations for what will happen in your relationship, and when it ends, it is devastating. You will never forget it.

• It's not an exact science. The most painful can be the first, the last... it depends on how it all happened and how much feelings were involved.

• that appears to be true, generally.

• Anything is painful only if you let it be.

• I certainly hope so because I don't think I could get through it if the next one is worse. I feel so much more guarded now though so I have no idea when the next one will happen.

• i feel that way too , depend on person i gues

• yes people become stone hearted

What Girls Said 3

• Not in my experience. My second heartbreak was so much more devastating than the first. I'm not sure why.. Maybe my first heartbreak wore me down a little, rather than making me tougher. Maybe it's because I actually saw a future with my second love, whereas my first love was young and innocent.

• It depends on the love u have for the person. U might meet somoen later who u have a stronger connection with and feel even more in love with... and that will b much harder...

• I don't agree. I think it depends on how deep feelings you have for the person breaking your heart. I know that if my boyfriend broke up with me I'd be so much more sad and heartbroken than I was the first time I had a broken heart because I love my boyfriend more than I've ever loved anyone before.