The first broken heart is always the most painful?

Because I always though that later you become more resistant but I could be wrong.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• The first broken heart is usually the most intense, but not necessarily the most devastating. My first broken heart happened a few days before I turned 19. A lot was going on in my life at the time and my girlfriend was my anchor keeping me grounded. Well, I was her "goy toy" and, five years later, she told me she was fickle. Nonetheless, I was a train wreck and took it hard. I wouldn't be for another 31 months that I would finally get over her and get a new girlfriend a month later when she hit on me.

However, 10 years later, almost to the day, I was dumped by the girl that I wanted to marry and was deeply in love with. I never really recovered even though I am married to someone else now. Indeed, it's been almost 24 years and I only think this past few weeks do I finally summon the anger necessary to get over my broken heart.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• Generally, the first hurts the most because it happens when you are young, you are very idealistic and naïve, you have tremendous expectations for what will happen in your relationship, and when it ends, it is devastating. You will never forget it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I certainly hope so because I don't think I could get through it if the next one is worse. I feel so much more guarded now though so I have no idea when the next one will happen.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not an exact science. The most painful can be the first, the last... it depends on how it all happened and how much feelings were involved.

0|0
    0|0
  • Anything is painful only if you let it be.

0|0
    0|0
  • that appears to be true, generally.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 3

• Not in my experience. My second heartbreak was so much more devastating than the first. I'm not sure why.. Maybe my first heartbreak wore me down a little, rather than making me tougher. Maybe it's because I actually saw a future with my second love, whereas my first love was young and innocent.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the love u have for the person. U might meet somoen later who u have a stronger connection with and feel even more in love with... and that will b much harder...

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't agree. I think it depends on how deep feelings you have for the person breaking your heart. I know that if my boyfriend broke up with me I'd be so much more sad and heartbroken than I was the first time I had a broken heart because I love my boyfriend more than I've ever loved anyone before.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes